Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

One cute and artistic child up for auction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One cute and artistic child up for auction!

CHEAP.

She is quite creative and has a talent for animal noises. This is quite cute and impressive to other people. When asked what a gorilla says, she will reply, "OO, OO, OO" while enthusiastically pounding on her chest back and forth a la Tarzan. She knows all the other ones too. Phone interview can be granted for verification.

She can count to ten with prompting, and has quite the extensive vocabulary. I will admit that colors are a little confounding to her, as each time she sees the color orange, she proudly procliams that the color is indeed, "juice."

She sleeps well and is not picky. She will eat most anything that you give her.

She is not potty trained at the moment, but appears that she will be ready soon. I am sorry, as the sale needs to take place soon, this will not be negotiable.

While her mother was busy this morning trying to make some money by typing, and she was supposed to be watching The Wiggles, the little artist created a masterpiece in black Sharpie on all three of the seat cushions of our leather sofa, wood coffee table, and herself.

Yes, it isn't often that you can get such a creative mastermind at such a young age. She was able to ascertain the location of the Sharpie, climb to get it, and create her work of art. After she finished her masterpieces, she came to show me her work.

As I feel I have gotten more than enough use out of her artistic abilities, I am offering her up for auction. Let the bidding begin.

p.s. Magic Eraser took the Sharpie off the table. I have leather protection for the sofa, but I don't know if it covers murals or not, and, I haven't even attempted to scrub the baby yet. I have downloaded the claim forms and I hope to get a technician out to repair my sofa in the next couple of weeks.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Oh, Heidi, aren't toddlers busy!! I hope your furniture recovers from this!!

Unfortunately, I can relate to your toddler shenanigans. (Warning: hijack coming) Mine pulled the fire alarm and Babies R Us this weekend, which culminated in the fire trucks arriving and shoppers leaving the store in droves. I feel your pain!

It's a good thing toddlers are so darn cute!!!
    Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Forgive my laughter. DH and I's bedtime routine of late is to go around the house with magic eraser and erase Aidan's artwork. It's hard to be upset with him because he's just so proud. A few days ago, he led me into Andrew's room to show me his new masterpiece. (Not a wall spared). Thank God for magic eraser and...for leather protection for you!

I'll take her.

kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

All I can say is "I feel your pain". Not so interested in bidding, though, because I've got 2 of my own artistes.

Lately they've been experimenting with different medias (sound, light) and Quinn recently enlisted the use of the Lenexa Police Department via a phone call.

I sure hope the Leather Protection covers Sharpie.

Comment

Thanks for the commiseration and the laughter. Deep in my being, I know that my couch is just a thing. I do love that thing though, and it makes me heart sick. Those leather people better fix my sofa, or I am going to bawl everytime I sit on it.

Plus, I yelled at my toddler when I discovered it. I am not proud.

Ugh, I know if I had the money to replace it, this wouldn't bother me as much. Just knowing that it would be replaced even if my leather policy doesn't cover Sharpie. Alas, I have to wait and see. Plus, I was at my wits end already. You know hour 35 of 36 hour call, haven't seen my husbsand since Sunday - briefly, son was home from school yesterday, gigantic work saga, called my boss to tell her I couldn't work 30 hours like she wanted me to (felt like I was neglecting my kids too much - case in point - sofa).

:@ Take me away.

Comment

Can I just add that while I was typing this response, Aidan was supposed to be 'napping' on the sofa. I got off of the computer and walked into the kitchen only to discover that he had gotten up and smeared margarine all over the little tv that I have sitting on the counter.

I sure hope Zoe has a calmer personality!

kris

Comment

So cute! Sorry about the sofa Heidi- hope they cover it! Margarine on a TV? Never heard of that one!

Next time I ask DH to get a reversal I am going to look at this post, and remind myelf what it is like to have a toddler. :!
              Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
              Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Heidi, I am so sorry to hear about your sofa. I hope that the warranty guys will be able to work their magic on it.

Note to self: toss out all sharpies.......and pens, and pencils, and margarine, and............

Comment

It is amazing how much sharpie can be removed by rubbing alcohol. I have rescued entire rooms.
                  Luanne
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
                    It is amazing how much sharpie can be removed by rubbing alcohol. I have rescued entire rooms.
                    Luanne
                    Yes, tried that. Unfortunately, also takes the color off of my leather, which is clearly stated that they do not cover. I am not trying to clean it anymore.

Comment

I hope they can salvage your leather, that would make me sick to my stomach if that happened to our leather sofa. And, yes, my gut reaction would have been to yell at the tot, too.
                      Magic Eraser probably saved Sydney's life when she was about 2.5. She marked up the walls in our office, bedroom, and baby room with a Sharpie while I was busy and I really feared for her safety when my dh got home. Luckily, she didn't mark on any furniture or other fabrics that would be tough to clean. Good luck Heidi!!!
                      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Hey heidi...did you try the magic eraser on the sofa? I wonder if it would take it off???

kris

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                          Hey heidi...did you try the magic eraser on the sofa? I wonder if it would take it off???

kris
                          Yup, tried that too. No go.

Comment

bummer!

Comment

Oh man. This will make a GREAT story when she's older....

Pretty funny since I'm not the mom.

Thanks for sharing!!!!
                              Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                              X