Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

...and it is my turn...when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand Matt. I hope that you and Gretchen are able to get away together soon.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Shoot, Sally, I missed my chance! DH had a meeting in Indy last year. That is, assuming the offer would extend to my two.

Comment

I hereby extend the offer to anyone who happens to be in the area.....but don't feel bad, Nellie.....I wasn't here last year to watch your kids, anyway!

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I'm really looking forward to Anesthesia conferences, as they are usually in exotic locales. Although DH keeps pointing out that my ticket won't be paid for and that I never took him on my business trips. But it's not my fault that residency won't let him take several days off on a whim and his conferences actually have fun activities for the spouses.

Comment

Hmmm, Anesthesia huh...

Comment

Tracy, I've stopped reading the brochures because they make me drool too much.

Comment

Matt. That stinks.
                It's hard to be generous in this respect when all you do is give, give, give, to this freakin' lifestyle.

I feel your pain.
                I hope your wife makes it up to you.
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel
                  I'm assuming these are outings paid for by drug reps? Or are they medical conferences where some dork has decided spouses cannot attend?

My husband doesn't get the drug rep "perks" anymore. However, the new "rules of ethics" regarding excluding spouses from events began during my husband's internal medicine transitional year. Midway through the year when the drug reps started excluding spouses my husband STOPPED going to the dinners, trips, etc. I cannot fathom my husband telling me he's going on a super-fun trip or to a nice dinner where I am intentionally excluded.

Same goes for conferences. He will not attend a conference where I am intentionally excluded - period. If his wife is not "allowed" he will not attend. His program has not had any type of spouse-excluding required events to-date. If they did, believe me, he'd raise a huge stink. And, I have a feeling that if any of the major radiology conferences excluded spouses they'd have almost zero attendance....

Such "fun trips/nice dinners concealed as a work-related activity" functions seem to intentionally drive a wedge between spouses and are ethically questionable. :nono:
                  I am new here, but my dh speaks for a drug company and it is not that the companies are tryng to exclude spouses, but the programs these days are needing to be strictly educational. I am an attorney and would not expect mt DH to be included in my CLE programs. The public had a huge problem with CME's and spouses.

Comment

Matt....I've been there done that. Hey...maybe you can paint the kitchen and tile the bathroom while she's gone. At least it's not hurricane season! :!

I hope your week is going ok!

kris
                    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by lovemyboys
                      Originally posted by Rapunzel
                      I'm assuming these are outings paid for by drug reps? Or are they medical conferences where some dork has decided spouses cannot attend?

My husband doesn't get the drug rep "perks" anymore. However, the new "rules of ethics" regarding excluding spouses from events began during my husband's internal medicine transitional year. Midway through the year when the drug reps started excluding spouses my husband STOPPED going to the dinners, trips, etc. I cannot fathom my husband telling me he's going on a super-fun trip or to a nice dinner where I am intentionally excluded.

Same goes for conferences. He will not attend a conference where I am intentionally excluded - period. If his wife is not "allowed" he will not attend. His program has not had any type of spouse-excluding required events to-date. If they did, believe me, he'd raise a huge stink. And, I have a feeling that if any of the major radiology conferences excluded spouses they'd have almost zero attendance....

Such "fun trips/nice dinners concealed as a work-related activity" functions seem to intentionally drive a wedge between spouses and are ethically questionable. :nono:
                      I am new here, but my dh speaks for a drug company and it is not that the companies are tryng to exclude spouses, but the programs these days are needing to be strictly educational. I am an attorney and would not expect mt DH to be included in my CLE programs. The public had a huge problem with CME's and spouses.
                      I can't imagine how boring the legal CME programs are going to be. I haven't attended any yet.
                      Husband of an amazing female physician!

Comment

I usually go to the conferences. We incorporated the business this year and I am on the payroll (no more workig for DH for free). As a nurse I sign up for the conference (cheap for nurses) and my expenses are tax deductable. The problem is DH insists on going to the lectures all day long, so if I want to skip out I am on my own We usually have a nice time and he gets his CME credit and I get my CEUs.
                        Luanne
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                        X