Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Vishenka.....Spring Fashion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vishenka.....Spring Fashion?

Vishenka, I would love to hear your advice on what the fashion trends are for spring? 8) My pitiful wardrobe desperately needs an update....and since having my son, I am totally out of the loop as far as what's in style.

Yes, please!
    Shoe forcast too hehehe. :!

Comment

This spring the black&white combination is back and pastels are out. If you want to add color, it has to bright, bold and shocking (think bright red, sky blue and lime green). Most designers have gone back to the true and tried clean lines and silluettes. For skirts that means a clean A-line just-below the knee look (with a pleat or few at the top). Crisp white shirts and suits are back. Pants will be creased and have a straight leg with no cuffing or any other embelishments.

As for the shoes, the wedge and more specifically the espandrille is making a comeback. If you're not ready to bring back the 70's, for regular shoes, the trend is a rounded (but not completely round) toe and a skinny heel. I would suggest to either sticking with the neutrals or going for a bold color statement.

Pictorial examples to follow.

ETD: the new Izaac Mizrahi collection at Target is a very example of new spring trends.

Comment

Laura, can you tell me which stores you like or which are closest to you and if you're comfortable buying clothes online. That way I can make more specific suggestions. But I'll post some general ideas anyway. Oh, also what's your budget and what kind of shoes do you tend to wear?

Comment

I've been denying myself so long, I forgot what a freaking shoe nut I am. These threads have revived the obsession! I saw these today (also come in a nice pinky coral and blue):

And why was I in the shoe department? Sadly, returning a pair of shoes I shouldn't not have bought in the first place.

I have a question for you Vishenka. I got the skirt below on super-sale ( ) and am wearing it in San Francisco w/ black shoes. What do you think of the fishnet nylons with it? Subtle enough to not compete w/ the pattern of the dress? Sorry the photo is so big.

Comment

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Nellie, what color is the top? Black shoes, really? I wouldn't complicate the matter any further by adding fishnets (even nude colored) into the mix. Either regular nylons or no pantyhose at all. It looks like a summer skirt, so I think any kind of pantyhose and black shoes will weight it down.

Comment

No other viable shoe options.

It is actually a winter season skirt, light but a wool blend. What about black boots (tall boots w/ heel)?

Comment

It would depend on how heavy looking the shoes and the boots are. Whichever feels/looks lighter, I'd go with that.

Comment

The boots are dressy so the soles look light. btw, the I was thinking the fishnet along the lines in the photo -- couldn't decide if I liked it or not.

Comment

Laura, here are some ideas for the $205 wardrobe. Accessories, jewerly, hair and make up is what ultimately takes an outfit from day to night.

All of these are from Target.

- these also come in fusia, black and white.

Nordstrom

Comment

Wow, great skirt Nellie! And I love those fishnets!

Arghhhhhh......pastels & pizza-toes are out??? I really need to update my wardrobe. Thanks for all of the tips, Vishenka. And I love that you post pictures to help point us in the right direction. I have the toughest time putting an outfit together.

Comment

You know, the sad thing is, I never even got around to buying pointy toe shoes and they are already out of style!
                          Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Fashion is very cyclical, so don't through out those pointy toe shoes just yet. They just might make a comeback in a year or two.

I would also say to keep all your pastels and other items that might not be hot this spring/summer season but can and should still be worn if they compliment you. But try to pair them with something black or white or navy to look crisper and less washed out.

Comment

Working...
                            X