Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My house...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My house...

is disgusting!

I've been cleaning almost non-stop for the last couple of hours except to pop in and read a post or so for little 3 minute breaks this morning. :vac

I am mortified. I can't BELIEVE how filthy, disorganized and totally in a disaray things are.

I...am a slacker.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

And why is it that whenever your house is at its absolute worst is when someone unexpectedly drops by? A neighbor and I had plans for lunch last week and I was supposed to pick her up at her house. Well, 15 minutes before I was supposed to pick her up, the doorbell rang. My house was such a mess that for a split second I actually thought about not answering the door and standing her up for lunch.

You are definitely not alone!

Comment

I'm trying to figure out how, with one dog, three cats, a toddler and my husband, I'm going to keep this place in "showing" condition. God, I hope someone buys it off the open house on sunday. (a pipe dream, given the market here, right now)

Jenn

Comment

Yesterday, I discovered rolls of cat hair clinging to the grease layer on the bottom of my oven door. :!
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

DH and DD came down with some kind of stomach bug last night, so we have a mess, but not of the 'disaster area' type. We have more of an overflowing laundry basket and kitchen sink with half-eaten bowls of cereal and grapefruits (all mine) laying around. I've hardly had time to keep up with getting clean towels and sheets, much less actually cleaning the dirty ones or anything else. And, actually, now that I do have a bit of time since both are asleep, I am online rather than doing the dishes. Priorities.

I think I may give my mom a call and see if she misses me and wants me to come over for a few days. :!

Comment

We haven't lived here long enough to have accumulated our own layer of grime :!

However, it took 4 days to clean up from my being sick for 36 hours Apparently my being ill makes trash sneak out of the can and toys,dirty laundry and dishes find flat surfaces to breed on.

Comment

Originally posted by Momof4
              My house is in CHAOS

C: can't

H: have

A: anyone

O: over

S: syndrome

:thud:

It's been that way for months...

Tara
              Love it!

Comment

I just had a friend call me to give me the number of her cleaning lady, and I think I'm going to call her! This of course was solicited information, she wasn't insinuating that my house needs a good cleaning, which truth be told it does.
                Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Three cats, a dog and a kid? So far one cat and one husband seems to be enough to make our apt look like a tornado has torn through it. We don't believe in things such as laundry baskets, trash cans and sinks. Our cleaning lady is solely responsible for our marriage still being in tact. Some people at work think that our addiction to cleaning help (weekly) is excessive but I'd rather be addicted and happily married than cured and misrably divorced.

Comment

Originally posted by jakebenellasmommy
                    On one other site that I belonged to for a very short time, they actually posted weekly pictures of rooms in their homes. . . .Eeegads - I so didn't belong there.
                    What on earth was that site called? neuroticnutjobs.com??

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm already having to do clutter clean-out and we haven't even lived here a year! I cleaned out the cupboard above my desk on Monday, and cleaned out / rearranged a total of 10 drawers today. It's crazy how much junk I can accumulate.

There is gunk stuck to the floor where the boys eat -- even the dog won't get it. I can only seem to keep one level "presentable" at a time ... even the Dyson can't save me.

Comment

Originally posted by jesher
                      I can only seem to keep one level "presentable" at a time ... even the Dyson can't save me.
                      I can't seem to do it either. Today, as I was cursing under my breath going from room to room amazed by the sheer disorganization of it all, I swore that things would change. I put a box in each room to kind of 'declutter and now...I have boxes of clutter all around the house. :! I KNOW I'm not going to be getting to those anytime soon.

How on earth do my neighbors keep their homes looking like museum show rooms? HOW?

kris
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I don't get it either. I'm a new homeowner and have had contractors in and out over the last few weeks doing messy work that involves sanding brick and wood - oh, the DUST! I also haven't really found a place for everything... maybe that's because I live in a little bitty 1000 sq ft rowhome. I need to get my tail in gear though, this weekend my parents, brother and grandmother are all coming to visit... and they're staying at my place! Tonight, I finish painting and start laundry. Tomorrow night (after happy hour, of course) I finish laundry and vacuum. I'll finish by scrubbing Saturday morning before they get here, so everything has the appearance of being fresh.
                        It won't last.

Comment

My house looks like crap right now.

Nuff said.
                          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                          With fingernails that shine like justice
                          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

You know what bugs me about my messy house more than the children's toys and clothes, dust, etc.----------the journals!!!!!!! Medical journals have taken over this house it seems to me......they are in almost every room, literally. We get about 5 a week now. DH wont get rid of his surgical journals either from many years ago, despite having changed specialties. He is a packrat and refuses to get rid of anything. He has more books than anyone I have ever met, I think, too. I know, there are worse hobbies he could have than book and journal collecting. Today, we had an estimate from a moving company and the guy said he thought we had about 6000 lbs of books/journals to move and that we should get rid of as much of that as possible because it is so heavy and expensive to move. DH NEVER has time to read 85% of the journals that are here.......and freaks if I mention donating them somewhere. The house is a huge mess and it's all these damn unread journals that are stressing me more than anything else. Sorry for the rant........

Comment

I finally put my foot down on the journals. I throw them out after one year. I told my husband thta he is in critical care for god's sake and he can't be treating people based on what he read last night that is already two years old. If he has a sunscription he can always get an archived artilce on their website. Now I just throw them away when he isn't home. I always leave a few scattered about so he doesn't panic. Sometimes the hospital library will take the journals if it is one they don't already have.
                              Luanne
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                              X