Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Favorite Ice Cream?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagen Daaz Strawberry Cheesecake. I think I've added a few pounds by just typing that.

Comment

From the store I'd say B&J Chunky Monkey or Pistachio Pistachio...

But I am seriously craving the Cookie Munster from Coldstone Creamery... it's mint ice cream with double fudge and double Oreos, and the last time I went I got the big size thinking I would save half for later, but ate the whole thing I have my year-end review today so I've already told FH that I'd like to go out for ice cream later today!

Comment

I love good old, classic Cookies and Cream ice cream. Doesn't matter the brand - as long as I can go digging for those chunks of chocolate cookie I'm happy!
        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
        With fingernails that shine like justice
        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

B&J Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I discovered it on a family trip to their factory in Vermont and haven't strayed since. I may swim an extra mile tonight at the gym to justify picking up a pint on my way home!

Comment

Anything minty-

and to make your own peppermint ice cream, take a half gallon of your favorite vanilla and a bag of starlight mints. Grind up the starlight mints in the blender while the ice cream is softening- once the ice cream has softened enough to handle it, dump everything in a big bowl- like a salad bowl- and stir the mints in the ice cream.

Repack in the original container (sadly, there's always more and it has to be eaten right away)

or...if you're totally in the mood, buy a pack of chocolate wafer cookies, crumble and add a enough butter to make it all stick in a pie pan, then add the ice cream, then freeze. If you're seving to guests, feel free to add pink or green food coloring to make it look festivus.

Jenn

Comment

I used to be a mint chocolate chip girl exclusively, from the time I was a kid. Now I will generally get whatever ice cream they can cram as much fudge, carmel, brownie, etc. in as possible. Oddly, my 6 year old has declared mint chocolate chip her favorite, and I don't think she had any idea it was my childhood favorite.
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Rocky Road. I can eat it until I explode!
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Haagan Daaz Dulce de Leche. OMG I ate myself silly on this when I was preggos.

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Kelly, I love that ice cream. Have you tried Dulce de Leche caramel cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory! To die for!
                    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

No but the have a chocolate coconut macademia thing there that is like crack.

Of course, at $6.50 a pop, I can't afford this habit.

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Personally, I'll only run over children and pets for the Key Lime Pie cheesecake. My friend craved CF cheesecakes when she was pregnant with her first so we'd HAVE to go sometimes after work.

Jenn

Comment

All time favorite is Ben and Jerry's Cool Britannia or something like that. Vanilla icecream with strawberry with chocolate covered shortbread shortbread cookies. They don't make it any more.
                          What Nellie said.

There aren't too many ice cream flavors I DON'T like, let's just leave it at that. And I really do miss BlueBell ice cream now that I am not in TX anymore.

Jenn, I am with you on the Key Lime Pie cheesecake from CF. It's the best.

Sally
                          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Cold Stone Creamery German Chocolate Cake. YUM! :]
                            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I was thinking earlier in this thread that if it came to cheesecake from CF it would be very hard to pick just one favorite.

But, they do have a new flavor out that is a Mounds Bar type with lots of chocolate and coconut. I just about died of happiness eating that slice a few weeks ago!!!
                              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                              With fingernails that shine like justice
                              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
                              X