Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Were you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were you?

I hesitate to ask this question because it just sounds so..."dawktor's" wife-y, but I'm curious.

Were you Greek in college? If so, what?

I was Alpha Gamma Delta at U. of KY.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Nope but a lot of my roomies were Alpha Phi. (I think). And it drove me crazy that they never said Phi correctly.

Comment

No.

Never even considered it.
      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
      With fingernails that shine like justice
      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel
        No.

Never even considered it.
        Same here. All the Russian kids were too cool to be Greeks.

Comment

No. And I point and laugh in your general direction.

I was an editor on the paper--eventually editor-in-chief--and that was plenty. Whew, those were some days. (O, the germination of my illustrious publising career, I wax nostalgic for you.)
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I was a wife and mother in college. It is not something, I think, that a lot of sororities look for in a pledge.

I never considered it.
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I too rofl .
              Queens College in Flushing NY wasn't real big on fraternities.
              whaddaya
              Enabler of DW and 5 kids
              Let's go Mets!

Comment

I was in a fraternity. Alpha Delta Phi. Co-ed housing in a brownstone in NYC. Great people. Of course, our "organization" and several other founding chapters were thrown out of the national fraternity organization while I was in college for the abomination of allowing both genders as members. We are now a "society" of 5 or 6 on campus groups in the country. All co-ed. I don't know if that counts as Greek or not. It was a very un-Greek environment.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Nope, DH and I weren't but my BIL was. My DH and I lived in a great system of halls that ran a lot like the greek system but weren't.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by alison_in_oh
                    The Greek system was outlawed at my college.
                    What college was that? Just curious. The only university that I know of that outright bans frats and sororities on campus is BYU. Interesting if there are others out there....
                    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                    With fingernails that shine like justice
                    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I was a soro gal

Phi Mu at Florida State University
                      Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

Nope not me.
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Nope!
                          My sister was a little sister for a frat house for awhile until she got "fired" for not putting out, though!
                          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Nope- at a college of 1200 people including the grad students, I didn't think there was a reason to segregate myself further! However, everyone that I know that went to the big state schools all joined- my brother (SAE at Maryland), my Bestest Friend (Kappa Alpha Theta at Virginia Tech), both my my parents (Delta Sigma Theta and Delta Delta Delta), and my uncle (Sigma Chi).

My husband was 27 when he finished his last two years at a state school and had no reason to join. Actually, I'm not even sure they had a Greek system at his campus (UCSB).

Jenn

Comment

No. I went to a small private liberal arts college, and the majority of the students were in a fraternity/sorority, but I had no interest......my feeling was that I had enough sisters already and I was ready to be by myself a little bit!

Sally
                              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                              X