Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hoops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, KU might have blown it, but my hometown, Wichita is sure looking good!!! I don't know if anybody saw it today, but it was pretty funny because the WSU guys looked as shocked as TN that they had won!! The whole arena just kind of fell silent. I don't think WSU has been in the Sweet 16 since 1980 or something like that!!! WOOOHOO! Go Shockers! (Please don't ask what a "shocker" is.....I hardly know..it's some weird fictitious character that looks like a mean bundle of wheat.... :> !!!!)

Comment

Marla, dh and I watched the end of this yesterday in the hospital cafeteria!!!
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Please don't ask what a "shocker" is.....I hardly know..it's some weird fictitious character that looks like a mean bundle of wheat
        You mean you don't understand "WU SHock"?? (pronounced Whoo)
        Leave it to some Kansas schools to have macots of wheat, gorillas, and ichabods....

Comment

I honestly tried my whole childhood to determine what the "Wu shock" was....he is really rather disturbing if you look at his (assuming it's a "he") picture; even moreso when you see it in person! Still, if they make it to the Final Four, I might have to invest in a t-shirt!

Matt-are you from KS? I forget--sorry!

Comment

I feel like I need to apologize to all the longtime KU fans. I AM the kiss of death for any sports team -- if I'm cheering for them, they're bound to go down. (Lifetime Browns and Indians fan here ...)

Sorry! :!

Comment

Thanks A LOT Jenn, but we'll forgive you! 8)
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Aha, so you're the one that messed up my rankings!

Comment

Now, see....I'm the good luck charm. I've yet to live in a town without seeing championships in multiple sports. (Witness the breaking of the curse in Boston! That was me!) Look for a change of fortune with those Indians Jenn!!!
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

My bracket pretty much isn't a bracket anymore, I think I have one final four team left and thats assuming they win tonight!

Current standings:
                    1 team upset 47
                    2 Heidi's picks 43
                    3 GoYoungJayhawks 41
                    4 pathologist groupie 39

Comment

Matt-are you from KS?
                      Yep, once upon a time was actually a Pitt State Gorilla! Was actually a DCCC(Dodge City) Conquistador coach as well....I forgot about all the cool community college mascots!
                      I hail from the large metro area of Medicine Lodge.

So, now that Duke is out, why does everyone hate them so much? Is it the fact that the coach can get more out of a bunch a funny looking guys than another coach, or are they really that much better than most everyone else?

Comment

I'll tell you why I don't like Duke - their attitudes. They always have this entitlement to them and yes most of the time they can back it up but JJ Redick is the biggest whiner. There is always going to be a loser in any competition but if its JJ Redick you better beleive he's going to have a "reason" why they lost.

As much as I hate Roy for leaving us he always built teams at KU that were humble. They worked their tales off and if they lost there was always the next day they didn't go around making a big boo hoo case about it.

And its not just JJ, most of Coach K's teams seem to have that entitlement attitude.

I didn't know you were a Gorilla Matt, my BIL is a Gorilla, my sister went there for a few years. A lot of my high school friends went there, my former high school basketball coach was a female basketball star there (why can't I think of her name??). My parents live about 90 minutes from there.

Comment

As much as I hate Roy for leaving us he always built teams at KU that were humble.
                          I didn't see it firsthand, but apparently Roy took Reyshawn Terry to task in the tournament for a "pose" he struck / showboating after a made three-pointer. That crap (though I'm not a Heels fan) does not fly at Carolina. Do the basics right every time and act like you've been there before.

Which is why I love the new coach at my alma mater - Dave Leitao at Virginia. As a disciple of Calhoun, he doesn't let that stuff fly either and will tear you up if you're not doing the fundamentals right and/or are showboating.

Oh, yeah about Duke. What Cheri said. In addition (short list) - the fawning of Dookie V. over the team. The Cameron crazies (yes, I said it). I think there is a lot of hypocrisy in the notion that the crazies are what's special about college basketball fans. A lot of stuff they do is very despicable in regards to sportmanship but everyone has turned a blind eye to that.

Cheri - I'm curious. Since you liked Roy and his style, what do you think of Bill Self? I don't know much about him but was a little disappointed in the articles I read saying in his postgame comments he blamed their first-round loss (second year in a row) on CBS -- stating the 9:30 pm start time was too late! Man, I'm thinking you gotta do better than a quote like that at an esteemed program like Kansas.

Comment

I like Bill and I like what he's doing for our program though I don't think anyone will ever match Roy for what he built. I think Bill's quote was taken out of context, he complained about the game time before the game as well but once we lost it got picked up and blown up. I think this years team has the talent to be really special, they were young and they were nervous, they've all admitted that. I think Bill will be around for many years unless he starts losing to K-State on a regular basis.

Comment

Working...
                            X