Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Weird computer issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird computer issue...

Ok techies...I consider myself pretty good with a computer but I can't figure this one out.

My DH and I use the SAME wireless network, we have basically the same computer, and they are even in the same room but I can access iMSN from his computer but not mine. I've checked our internet settings, they're the same - I've cleared my cache, temp memory, etc. Its been like this for two days. ARGH
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

You're killing me Cheri. I'm already trying to figure out why some people still can't get on the site now that the server is back up. For whatever reason, the server is not back up for all. Let's add not for all computers.

I am going to have to check in to this more just to stop my own obsessions. Wierdness reigns.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Hmm...weird, well luckily I still have some access and I can get to it from work so I'll have better access tomorrow. Thanks!

Comment

Cheri,
        Kris is having the same problem. Thanks for letting us know. Maybe it has something to do with security settings when the server was upgraded? We'll get it figured out.

If it does start working let us know that too.

Comment

I've kicked it upstairs to Ron. Hopefully, he'll have some ideas. Everything on our end seems normal.
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

woohoo...I can get on now. Maybe Ron worked his magic? It must have been something related to security settings or something? Cheri...were you having trouble getting in from a laptop....My dh could access the computer from home, but I couldn't get in from my laptop.

When you get home, try it and see if you can logon!

Kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

My DH and I are both on laptops, his works mine doesn't. I'm at work right now but as of about an hour ago at home it still wasn't working.

Comment

Neither the laptop nor desk worked for about 2 days, just got back up this morning.
                Sometimes the wireless won't work when I am logged in, but will for DH.

Freaking technology

Comment

Ron's only suggestion - beyond what you've already tried - was to clear your cookies. I'm not sure you haven't tried that, too. If that doesn't help, we'll try to figure out a different solution. I know technology can be mysterious, but there has got to be som reason for this. I know I get my own personal server outages of iMSN all the time and it drives me batty.

Let me know if the cookies thing helps.
                  Angie

Comment

I'm at home on my own laptop and its working - yeh!

Comment

Good to hear that. I wish I knew why - but I won't complain!
                      Angie

Comment

Angie...I think you should just take credit for the fix.

kris
                        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                        X