Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Trader Joes....again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trader Joes....again

http://www.slate.com/id/2138178/nav/tap1/?GT1=7932
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

I liked his shopping tips. Except the gelato, I like it, unless he is talking about something else. And the sesame cashews, can't forget about those. :---

Everyone does deserve a TJs.

I'm out of cashews. I think I need to go tomorrow.

Comment

Ummm, yeah, I stocked up. If you can count having to rearrange contents from my suitcase into my carry-on to meet the 50lb checked bag limit as "stocking up".
      • 3 days worth of clothes (re-wearing pants and nightshirt)
        + toiletries
        + 1 sweater
        + medium pizza from Girodanos (frozen)
        + $90 worth of TJ's goodies

Comment

Have you tried them in a salad? Yum!

Now I am really going to go there today. I need some creme fraiche and they have the Bellweather Farms for about half the price of other places. Well, I don't really need sesame cashews and creme fraiche...but I do.

Comment

Please....take these cashews away from me!!

Another TJs favorite -- the thin butter almond cookies. I think these are the same as the Jules Destrooper ones at Whole Foods or similar places. For which I would gladly pay. The TJs ones are at least $2 less per box.

Comment

They also have a pistachio cookie -- in one of the round tubs. They're called "Pistachiations" or something like that. I didn't even buy any b/c I knew as soon as the tub was opened it would be like that *snap* .... and they'd be gone. Just like Kaiser Sozse.

Comment

I'll have to look for those...or not.

I think you were in the east coast TJ area and they don't always have the same thing as the ones here. I'm still pining for the coconut cashews DC Jenn told me about. The sesame cashews will hold me over. And then some. F'ing cashews.

Comment

I looked the other day and they didn't have them at the Alexandria, VA TJs but it's a tiny store. If I can find them I'll send them on!

Jenn (am I going to have to change to San Antonio Jenn or can I stay DC Jenn forever?)

Comment

I just found one 45 minutes away. Could be a fun outing!!!!!
                  Luanne
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'll still think of you as DC Jenn. I guess you could be SA Jenn but DCJenn fits better.

Comment

we could start a band: DC Jenn & KC Jenn

our very own liberal posse!

Comment

Originally posted by nmh
                        Please....take these cashews away from me!!

Another TJs favorite -- the thin butter almond cookies. I think these are the same as the Jules Destrooper ones at Whole Foods or similar places. For which I would gladly pay. The TJs ones are at least $2 less per box.

Ok, I had to look over my shoulder for the hidden camera when I read this, as I shoved the last almond cookie in my mouth. These are SOO good. I buy them to go with my coffee, but they just go so fast...I wonder if it is due to the dip once, eat two extra cookies, dip again style of eating??

Comment

Trader Joe's is only the best non-traditional grocery store there is. They have great stuff, CHEAP! And I miss them SO much!
                          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Do you have Harris Teeter down there? Its not exactly TJ's but I hear its got yummy stuff too.

Comment

Nope. Cost Plus is cool, and has some goodies kind of along the lines we're talking about (plus wine) -- but TJ's has SO much more food stuff at a LOT better prices. If you have Wild Oats or Whole Foods ... it's that kind of stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X