Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Getting coffee out of carpet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting coffee out of carpet...

So...I read something really funny today from jloreine and I spilled my coffee on our...nearly white carpet. (Who puts white carpet in a home again?) I can't get it all out.....I've used resolve carpet spray....any other suggestions?

Hmmmm...can I sue Jenn :>

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Sure, we've got three cats and a dog I'd happily send to MN.

Actually that Oxy Clean Carpet stuff worked wonders on the Butter Barf that the dog spread all over the ivory carpets...

J.

PS- sorry about that!

Comment

We have 3 cats and dogs that I thought I could send to YOU sort of as...punishment.

I guess I should go and get some of the oxi-clean stuff...I just hate to have it in the house for Thomas to see it. He goes nuts with that stuff!

If you weren't so funny, this wouldn't have happened. :coffee :nono:

kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Regular Shout spray worked well on our rugs (even with red wine, not to mention cat ).

That's why I catch up at work. The only thing I can ruin with my coffee is the the office keyboard. :>

Comment

A couple of years ago, my Mom spilled coffee on our white carpet too. We tried cleaning it with oxyclean and a capret cleaner vaccuum (like a wet vac) with no success. However, we probably let the stain sit there too long before we tried cleaning it. Eventually I had the that portion of the carpet replaced with brand new carpet. The stain was on the stairs and the carpet was only two years old, so the new carpet didn't look too out of place. I don't remember it costing very much either.

For pet stains, I use plain old vinegar. It works really well - removes all odor and discoloration. I've used resolve in the past, but I found that it discolors the carpet. I don't know if anyone else has had that problem too.
          Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

I don't know about getting coffee out, but we swear by Spot Shot here. It works great.
            Needs

Comment

I love Spot Shot. I spilled a full cup of coffee on ds's bedroom carpet a couple of weeks ago and used Folex (bought it at Lowe's). Worked like a dream!

Comment

Working...
              X