Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Song Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Song Help

Ok ladies & gents, some of you are music masters so I need some help. My parents built a new house recently, did almost all of the work themselves and took photos along the way. I have the photos put into a software program that basically turns them into a video. Now I need a song to set them to.

Something about building or working or something like that. I'm terrible with songs and my DH is great with them but he has been no help on this project.

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

The first two cheesy lyrics that came to my mind were:

Our house, in the middle of the street...or whatever it is...

then...

Everybody's working for the weekend...

Don't know why that last one....I hope someone is more help than me.
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Calling Music Maestro Matt -- your assistance is needed.

Our House -- Madness (looked it up )

Hammer and a Nail -- Indigo Girls (title is more appropriate than the rest of the lyrics)

Comment

"If I had a Hammer"

Comment

Our House by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
          Our House by Madness

Thanks guys - these are the two I'm using so far - any other ideas?

8)
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

...well, if they put some back-breaking work into it, you could splice in some Merle Travis- 'Another day older and deeper in debt...St Peter don't you call me, cause I can't go...'

...if they are done, and they are excited about it, you could use House of Pain- Jump Around....nothing really about building or working, just jumping and throwing your hands up....some cool intrumental at the very beginning though...might be useful for a few seconds.

...if the house is in Kansas(or the country), you can always use the 'ol stand-by Home on the Range..or John Denver's 'Take Me Home, Country Roads'

...if they live in Alabama, play some Skinnard man!

...if you want some sentimental music, like something with some meaning to it, Bonnie Raitt and Linda Ronstadt sang a song called 'Feels like Home' in the movie 'Michael'...it is used in some weddings.

I could come up with some more...but I am not at my "normal" computer, I have been studying....thanks for the break though!

Comment

More of a slow, sweet folksy song (though there are different versions): If I Were a Carpenter.
              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Working...
              X