Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

a spring pick me up to scratch your vanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a spring pick me up to scratch your vanity

I wasn't sure where to post this.....

Ladies -- try the Jergens Natural Glow tanning cream! I gave it a whirl and am pleased with the results. I have fair skin, dark brown hair and blue eyes so the "orange" tint most creams have don't really work for me!

This is very gradual and really looks like you spent the day watching your kids at the pool and got some sun.

After a few days of getting some color, dust your face with some matching bronzing powder and WA LA -- a mini makeover!!! You will look MARVELOUS baby!!!

Ah, the ways I try and find myself little pick me ups!!!
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Funny.....I actually picked up some of this lotion the other day. I got the target brand. I am noticing a gradual change. Just a little something to make my pale self look a little more alive.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I was going to post about this stuff a couple weeks ago and forgot! I use the "lightest" option, since I am very fair to begin with, and I could really tell after only about three days on my legs (only place I am using it) and it isn't orangey at all. I heard from a teen-age friend of mine that if you use that stuff regularly AND get sun, it does turn more orange, so I will taper off before I actually get sun on my legs......for now, it just makes it less frightening if I wear a skirt!

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I tried this last fall for about a month before my BIL got married. I used the darkest shade and didn't notice a change, but my skin isn't all that fair. I figure there had to be some darkening though, since my bra straps brownish (it washed out really well). A few of my friends use it and love it though.

Comment

I tried this and turned orange at the ankles and knees. I was thinking it was a dry skin issue. ( Maybe it has to do with your underlying skin tone? I've got that dreaded redhead skin. And I was sooo hoping to be tan this year! ) Others I know have tried it with fab results.
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Angie- If you have the redhead skin without freckles, you should know that there is not a color in the world that looks natural other than white and that winter favorite: so white you're blue.

Jenn

Comment

Ohhhhh...I just looked at The Mulitple on the Sephora website. That looks cool. Which shade did you get?

Comment

Angie, I had the same problem with yellow ankles and knees. I found that alternating between a regular lotion and the Jergens one worked better because the Jergens isn't as moisturizing as the regular one. And I avoided those problem areas for a few applications. I think I managed to even my legs out and they sure don't look as scary as they did a few weeks ago. Thanks for the tip, Flynn.

Comment

I think I just have too much blue in my skin pigmentation. I tried this for all of two days and began getting a glow alright - an orange one - everywhere. :disappointed: It looked pretty bad! I've used other self-tanners in the past and this was probably the worst experience I've had so far (and they all seem to turn me a yellow-ish, orange-ish tone). If there was something that actually took on a true, tan-like color I'd be happy. But, the Jergens definitely isn't producing a healthy color. I guess my body just rebels against fake color.

So, I think if I get any color I'll have to do it the old-fashioned, cancer-inducing way....
                  Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                  With fingernails that shine like justice
                  And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Then again, going back and reading Jenn in D.C.'s post reminded me that my mom is a red-head (very pale) and I started out as a red-head. I suppose my skin tone has always remained that of a red-head?
                    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                    With fingernails that shine like justice
                    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Once a red-head, always a red-head.

Whitest of the white people...

Jenn

Comment

Eh, I'm a ruddy skinned Norwegian. I don't tan, I just get a darker red.

Comment

Jergen's worked well with my skin, but it has that self tanner smell that I don't care for. I have yet to find a self tanner that doesn't, though.

Comment

I read up about tips for fake tanning before trying it and you can get too much color on areas like the knees, heels,toes and elbows because the skin is thicker there. The trick is to put regular lotion on those areas about 5 min before you put on the tanning stuff. It works great every time!

Comment

Working...
                            X