Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Craig's List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig's List

Genius! I have two bookcases that I was going to put out for bulk trash but decided to list them in the 'free' section of Craig's List- and bam- in 20 minutes I had 8 people respond.

and my realtors wonder why I'm listing the house every day on Craig's List.

Jenn

agreed. i have no idea how people relocated before the internet. so much of the footwork was done online ... not to mention friend-making here!

craigslist is awesome. Jenn, you're apparently not as greedy as I am. I had an awful fountain that the previous owners here left in the back yard. Originally I was going to put it on the "free" section - but figured I'd try to get some cash for it. I listed it at $45 and had $35 in hand a few days later.

Comment

and they're gone- to a guy who lives in my neighborhood.

I'm so excited, I'm ready to list the entire contents of my house.

Jenn

PS- this is FAR more addictive than eBay...

Comment

I love Craigs List. But I'm not allowing myself to look at it right now since we are moving so soon. A $35 bookshelf would probably be more expensive than $35 to move. We've been listing a lot of stuff as we go through our apartment, and its been going very well. I can't wait to get moved in and search for stuff for the new house!

Comment

I just listed a desk, and have 2 bites. Nibbles. They have inquired, but when I've tried to arrange a time to look at the desk, I haven't received responses... This is my first time having listed anything. In your experience, how many flakes have you encountered...?
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

None, that I could tell, other than the person that asked where they were, when the ad clearly stated the neighborhood.

I have only ever had two wierd interactions on eBay- one was a first time e-bayer who clearly didn't understand what the difference postage times/rates meant and the other one was someone who never sent a dress that I'd ordered and paid for- but I reported them and everything was OK in the end.

Jenn

Comment

Or... I think I've simply become impatient.

I've had a few fishy things happen to me on ebay. One was a guy who asked a question about my item. He had a link to ask whether the item was the same one that he had seen elsewhere on ebay. He had a link to an ebay-looking interface. It required me to enter my ebay name and password. I didn't do it. WHen dh put in a fake ID and password in the phisher's site, a completely random site came up. This guy could have gotten my ebay identity, changed it, and gotten all my paypal info... On top of becoming impatient, I've also become a paranoid bugger!

Alison

Comment

I love craigslist. We dont have one here, but I have been posting the Passat on the Atlanta one. We got our sofas from there, and have gotten apartments in the past.
                Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Oh yes, I love Craigslist!!! I believe I heard about it from this forum, and Jenn was having such success selling stuff that I tried it as well. I listed 4 items and within one week, all of them were gone and I had over $300 in my hot little hands. I'm getting ready to list a TV and possibly some other stuff on there.
                  Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Finally... Sold the desk that I had listed on craigslist. There were about a dozen people who set up appointments and NEVER showed up! But finally a guy showed up yesterday and bought it! What a pain! I almost wanted to call the no-shows in the middle of the night and chew them out for wasting my time!

Comment

Working...
                    X