Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!!

We are renting a car right now because we are having some work done on our Suburban. Yesterday, for some reason, my 2nd grader came home with a box of "16 Artist's Oil Pastels" in his backpack to finish a picture for art. I told him to make SURE none of them were left in the car. Today on the way home from Kindermusik, I found two small stubs of crayons in the backseat. I threw them out the door and went on. Now I have discovered that Nathan apparently found one of the stubs before I did and COLORED on the cloth seat of the rental car.

Any ideas how to get this out?

Going to the company website.......

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Hmmmm, and I thought it was a *good* thing that I didn't have to buy baby wipes any more! May have to go get some!

I have used WD-40 to get regular crayon off of wallpaper, but in a car, I am afraid of the smell and not being able to get it back out of the material. I just really don't want to do the wrong thing and set it in there permanently!

Sally

Comment

Have you tried Oxy before? You could test a small area first that wouldn't be visible. I haven't tried it on crayons.

Comment

I agree w/Tara that baby wipes will get most anything out (alarming what we put on our kids' bums ..). The 'oil' part is what is most concerning ...

Did you get the damage waiver on the car rental? If yes, stop worrying. If not ... try Zout - that has gotten stuff out of clothing I never thought would come out. Or 'magic eraser' - that is amazing / scary.

Good luck.

Comment

The oil part concerned me, too.

I actually went to the Crayola site, and they make oil pastels too. They have a stain removal guide for all their products, so even though this wasn't a Crayola brand, I went with the recommendations and was successful! This site has saved my butt many, many times.....they even had it broken down by color as to what removal method to use.

So, all is well, until the next crisis......

Thanks guys!

Sally

Comment

Shampoo? Seems like it might work as the pastels are oil-based.

Ugh, I hope it comes out!

Comment

what did you do? I would have NEVER thought to use the crayola site ... GENIOUS!

Comment

They had it broken down (I was going with the recommendations for removing stains from carpeting) by color......for the reddish tones, you were to use liquid laundry detergent, for bluish, dishwashing liquid, and for neutrals, carpet stain remover. I had a blue stain, so I followed the appropriate directions, and voila!

No kidding, I have used that site several times in the past nine years and it has never failed me......and it has made me loyal to the crayola brand, to boot.

Sally

Comment

The Magic Eraser saved me again today..non washable crayon from the coffee table Thanks for the tip on the Crayola site--I had NO idea!!

Comment

Working...
                  X