Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What do you get waxed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mommax3
    But a brazilian???? No way.
    My sentiments exactly! And although I *think* DH would notice, (unlike when I get my brows waxed) he would be the only one......I need a higher rate of return in order to put myself through something like that!

Sally

Crack me up, Sally!!!

Comment

LOL

I need a higher rate of return in order to put myself through something like that!

Sally
      LOL Sally I really laughed out loud here and had to explain to dh why
      Cheryl~wife to MS3 and Mommy to our two beautiful daughters...

http://simplyimmersed.blogspot.com/
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crick...20671954714125

Comment

wax

I actually had my face waxed .. It was not too bad. What hurt the most was the lip. That stung pretty bad.. a brazilian ... that a whole never level of pain that I am not really prepared for. LOL
        Cheryl~wife to MS3 and Mommy to our two beautiful daughters...

http://simplyimmersed.blogspot.com/
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crick...20671954714125

Comment

I think the Brazilian is around $50 -- a bikini line is usually less, maybe $25. It hurts less than ongoing razor burn.

Comment

I'm going the laser hair removal route soon. Right now, I only wax when I know I'm spending a week at the beach. Eyebrows I tweeze, but just a few errant strands. I used to get it done at my nail salon for pretty cheap (I really think it was only $15 for bikini), but now I get it done at the spa, it's not $15 .

Comment

Nothing! I have to touch up my brows every day, so can't wait for them to grow in enough for a wax. Also had a horrible bikini wax experience 10 years ago and have been terrified of the stuff since. Keep thinking how shaving sucks but can't gather enough courage to even try doing my legs. May be if someone went in with me and held my hand?

Comment

never had a wax, for anything. Wax scares me. Ouch!! I pluck my brows myself and touch them up daily. In future I'd love to get lazer removal for legs, bikini and chin. Yes, I am hairy. When I was a teenager I had electrolysis on my upper lip. Took many visits and a bit sore, but it did the trick.
                Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

My stylist shapes my brows with tweezers and tiny scissors, but that's it.

DH and I were joking the other day that there seems to be a generational gap about the waxing down there. If Playboy is any indication, some young girls apparently make waxing their nethers into various shapes and designs a hobby.

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I don't wax anything ever since a bad experience back in high school with wax (kids can be really brutal about teasing girls with body hair). My eyebrows are naturally nicely arched, and I pluck in between them so that I have two...
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I get my brows and upper lip waxed. I'd love to get the nether regions touched up but 1) I'm lazy and 2) I'm cheap and 3) I'd have to go someplace where I've never gone and that bothers me.

My friend gets her nether region done frequently and she has extremely sensitive skin- she says the reaction to the wax is better than razor burn.

I actually don't need my upper lip done but I went to this super bizarre nail place with my MIL last time we were in CA and they did it and now I kind of have to keep up with it. It's not like the hair there is anything darker than white blond...but apparently the ladies thought it needed to come off.

I'm gearing up for the move back to South Texas which is going to require more frequent leg maintenance. (and actually keeping up with a pedicure, too)

Jenn

Comment

I wax my own eyebrows. I use Nad's.

I plan on getting laser hair removal for anything and everything I have to shave in the future. Maybe not the legs, but I will get a brazilian-style no hair zone and underarms.

My sister said waxing hurt worse than laser hair removal, but that they both hurt like hell. She couldn't go to the gym after her first laser hair session beause she couldn't sit or walk very well.
                        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

She must be getting the works?
                          I suppose it depends on exactly where you get lasered, but I have never had that much pain. I think it hurts the same or less than waxing. Less when it is being done, maybe a little more for 15-30 minutes after.

Comment

If it is just the two strips, it is not too bad. It's sort of "HOLY CRAP" and then, voila, they are done. Seriously, I would do that over a filling any day.

Comment

If you haven't waxed and plan on trying (especially in the nether regions) please please please look for a trustworthy reputable person. I haven't gotten my below the belt wax since we moved from Boston. I had a woman who took care of me (I miss her ).

We had a whole breathing routine to diminish the pain. It's so nice to get the bikini and underarm wax (esp. on vacation). Nice feeling to just wake up and go and not worry about getting the razor out.
                              Danielle
                              Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Good point -- look for a reputable person or one who comes with some good recommendations. A bad wax can be really bad. It's been a while since I've done it, but I think I usually did a big exhale when they pull the strip.

Comment

Working...
                                X