Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

We had our baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had our baby

Well, we had our baby girl a few weeks ago and I have just returned here for the first time today. Hannah Tamar was born on May 3rd-----3 days after her due date. I very reluctantly agreed to go in to be induced with artificial rupture of membranes (or Pitocin, if baby was too high up for a safe AROM) due to risks related to my age and gestational diabetes that were increasingly concerning my perinatologist and OB. But at 3:30am, a few hours before my planned induction-----my water spontaneously broke!!!!!!! I was soooooooo psyched!!!! At 9:55am, I was holding my baby girl in my arms after a completely natural childbirth!!!!!!!! I still can't believe I did it!!!!! That was the first time going all natural and I am still on a high from the experience.
    So, now we are a family of 6 and we are all adjusting remarkably well. The other 3 kids are falling madly in love with this tiny new person that has entered their lives and watching that has brought us all so much joy.

We also are heavy into packing this Philadelphia area house and preparing for our big move to the Detroit area to begin the radiology residency. We are moving in just a few weeks, on the last day of school here. In the week after bringing home the baby, dh flew to Michigan for the afternoon to close on our new house which was exciting---and I managed alone with all 4 kids!!!! Yay!!!!!

So besides packing (with the help of a newborn and 3 little kids), I have been getting everything else set up in the new area---school registration, finding a pediatrician, getting some minor repairs done on the house before we get there, getting the kids into daycamp, turning on the gas/electricity/phone/cable/etc. Dh, of course is working all the time and tired the rest of the time, so we are somehow going to manage to complete this move. We hired some packers to spend the day finishing whatever we haven't been able to do, before they load the moving truck.
    So, that's our excitement. We don't know a soul in Michigan other than our realtor-----so we are prepparing for a whole new adventure over there!!!!

Congratulations!
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Congrats! and what to they say about life's major stressors? Moving, new job, plus new baby? Yup, you're a medical family, that's for sure.

I'm sure we have MI iMSNers so you'll find people, I promise.

Jenn

PS- at no point in the next four months should you attempt to be sane. It won't happen.

Comment

Congratulations, and welcome to Michigan!!
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Wow! We have today's winner for the "full plate" award!

Congratulations on your newest little one!

Enjoy!

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS, AND WELCOME!!

Comment

Congratulations on your baby!
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Congratulations! Good luck with the move.

Comment

Congratulations! I hope things continue to go well!

Sally
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

:ra: Great news!
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

congratulations! I don't imagine I'd be able to type a full sentence at this point if I were you. best of luck with the move.

Comment

congrats on a healthy happy baby girl.(and mommy) take it easy! good luck with the upcoming move.
                            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Congrats on the new baby!

This medical lifestyle stuff is crazy. Your family is moving to our "home" state of MI and we are moving to S. Florida. I am gonna miss MI and our family/friends/cottage but I guess S. Florida isn't too bad to spend a few years for her residency and my job. This past weekend I spent lounging by the pool here... while DW was on call in MI in 40 degree weather

I guess I don't feel as bad leaving MI with DW when a bigger family takes our place. Good luck!
                              Husband of an amazing female physician!

Comment

Working...
                              X