Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

ch....ch...ch...changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ch....ch...ch...changes

So you didn't catch the reference to that song "changes"? Sorry.

Anyway, we have people starting med school this month, graduating and starting residency, finishing residency, starting first jobs, moving, having first babies, having last babies, starting school, going back to school, finding themselves, you name it.

Wow....This group covers a lot of territory. Good luck everyone! We do more in one year than most people do in a lifetime!

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Kelly, your changes give me some hope. Hearing that you are entering the last year of a 7 year program gives me hope that a 7 year program can actually be done. DH starts 3 of 7 July 1st, I know it will end someday.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Re: ch....ch...ch...changes

Originally posted by kmbsjbcgb
      Wow....This group covers a lot of territory. Good luck everyone! We do more in one year than most people do in a lifetime!

Kelly
      You're not just whistlin dixie! I thought I was going to have the summer with him till he started school. Bah! One of the prof. that he hit it off with during the interview process snatched him up for a summer research project. Here we goooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Comment

Kelly, your changes give me some hope. Hearing that you are entering the last year of a 7 year program gives me hope that a 7 year program can actually be done. DH starts 3 of 7 July 1st, I know it will end someday.
        Cheri,

I'm giddy. Really.

Kelly

Comment

O.K. I went through the archives. Holy bobgoblin, Batman! I have 232 pages of posts, or over 5,000 posts! :thud: Anyway, I found my original introduction to this site:

My name is Kelly & I'm the wife of Sean, a soon-to-be 2nd year general surgery resident. We are in this ""residency thing" for the long haul: 5 years of residency, 2-3 years research, and 2 year fellowship in peds. surgery. Q3 will be a way of life for us over the next decade.

I've stumbled across a few boards and I feel particularly touched by some of your experiences that you have shared. I look forward to meeting to meeting you on the board.

Wow this sounds downright chipper considering what a suckfest intern year was for us. I tried to present a happy face back then. Now, I let it all hang out. I can only imagine what a real introduction would have been:

"Hi, I'm Kelly. My current life sucks. Residency sucks. Surgery sucks. People suck. "

You all would have fled in the other direction!

Kelly

Comment

With all the changes, this should be an exciting summer for everyone!

Alison, I hope your hubby has a speedy recovery! Poor guy. It sounds like he took quite a beating! My dh broke his right hand 3 days before the start of residency....and he's right-handed no less. Nothing like starting residency off with a bang!

Our changes are pretty small compared to what others on this board are going through....dh was just voted in as partner (wooohooo!) so I feel like we have finally crossed the finish line. He was also just selected to be the county EMS director. Neat opportunity for him....I'm just hoping it isn't too time consuming.

And dh will be turning 30 this summer!

Comment

Wow, so many things going on for everyone!

Erica, congratulations on your DH becoming partner and county EMS director! Great news!!

Well, as I've groused about here before, DH goes back to clinicals in July and begins his 5th year of residency training. That's our biggest change, next to me figuring out how to do the single parent thing.

Good luck to everyone who is embarking on a new adventure next month!
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
              X