Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's something you want to improve on health-wise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's something you want to improve on health-wise

...and something you're already really good about?

For me, something I really want to improve on is cutting down on my soda and juice consumption. I drink probably one 2-liter of soda per day, and it's my only liquid consumption.

But something I do pretty well is eating colorfully, since I'm a vegetarian and try to aim for as much color as I can on my plate with different veggies.

What about you?

I soooooooooooooooo need to drink more water and I too eat lots of veggies.

Comment

I need to eat more fruits and vegetables - we eat a lot of salad and this time of year I eat a lot of grapes but I'm not good at it year round.

What I do well is drink LOTS of milk. DH and I go through 2 gallons/week, at least, just the two of us! We may have to buy stock in a dairy company when we have kids.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

At least you're in a dairy state. I am paying a good $1 a gallon less in WI than I was in VA.

I need to improve on everything. Although since looking through DH's genetics stuff I make sure to take my multivitamin every day.

Comment

What do I need to do better on? Well, I'd say beer and wine consumption but I've even dropped back on that. (hangovers and toddlers are an evil, evil combination) I need to do better at having more variety of fruits and veggies available. I bought a cool produce guide and I plan on purchasing at least one different item each week once we get to SA.

What I do well on? I drink a ton of water all day long.

Jenn

Comment

NOTHING! Im perfect. :>
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I love anything fried or fattening- fried chicken, real mayo, real butter, buffalo wings, etc. I would like to make those kinds of foods more of a treat than a staple.

Alison- i used to eat a a power bar protein plus as a snack when i was pg. it tastes like butt but has 20 something grams of protein.
              Mom to three wild women.

Comment

I could drink less coffee--actually I'm working on that and have only had 2 cups in the last 2 weeks. (They were both on the same day).
                Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I'm really good about exercising every day, but I really need to lay off the chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by ladybug
                    Now I just have to make myself workout and not read magazines in the locker room while they watch my kiddos

:walk:

Comment

Ummm, I need to find a doctor and a dentist.

We don't keep Coke, etc. in the house and we rarely drink alcohol. We almost never have fried food, we drink a lot of milk, and are pretty good about fruits and veggies. If I could just get rid of my sweet tooth......

Sally
                      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I need to start lifting weights again and doing crunches. I am walking every day, but I'm just getting flabby. I haven't done regular strength training or yoga for over a year now. I suck.
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by ladybug
                          I need to start exercising again. I'm making it a priority this year. My energy level is so much higher when I do.

I went to the local YMCA and it's just 1/2 mile from our new place and has free childcare for up to 1.5 hours. Yes please. Now I just have to make myself workout and not read magazines in the locker room while they watch my kiddos

:walk:
                          this is my problem (for real). unfortunately my gym has a spa, cafe, wi-fi, and a big old plasma screen ... so far I've been good about keeping to task.

Comment

I have a huge road to go on the way to health and well being BUT! I quit smoking 2 weeks ago with no cheating just cold turkey and I stopped drinking soda about 3 days ago. I don't know if I am ready for the soda thing yet I may relapse. I need to get into a exercise groove though.....

Comment

I need to exercise more and to drink more water. Actually I think I've been OK on the water intake since I got a Nalgene bottle last week but I still need to maintain consistency. I think it's easier for me to have a visual indicator of how I'm doing rather than keeping track of the glasses of water.

Other than that, I have to keep an eye on the amount of sodium in my diet. It's scary how much salt we're eating these days.
                              Cristina
                              IM PGY-2

Comment

Working...
                              X