Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

ER rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ER rant

I wasn't sure if this belonged here or in the TV shows folder but it's more of a rant than a TV show review. In any case, I started watching the very first season of ER and I've got to tell you that I'm seeing it from a whole new perspective now. And since I'm not going through residency with my fiance just yet, I had to rant about the outrageous behavior of Dr. Greene on the show.

In the show pilot, we meet him and his wife, who's studying for the bar exam and raising their little daughter. Needless to say, it's fairly obvious that he barely sees both of them so they come to have breakfast with him at the hospital cafeteria. Well, his wife asks him not to forget that he has an interview for a job at this fancy private clinic. She tells him that she barely sees him and that working at that private clinic might give him a better schedule. Surprisingly enough, he doesn't forget about the interview but he doesn't seem impressed with the place. It's very fancy and the interviewer keeps going on and on about the salary, the condos that the group owns in Jamaica and somewhere in Europe, the clinic's periodic redecoration, the call time, etc. Now any decent guy would probably call his wife to let her know how the interview went and that he doesn't feel that's the place for him. But no, not our Dr. Greene. He confides in his good friend, Dr. Lewis, whom he meets for a cup of coffee. So Dr. Lewis, being the good lady friend that she is, feels it is neccessary to insert a wife insult to which Dr. Greene has no reaction. Dr. Greene tells her that his wife wanted him to take a look at this place because she doesn't see him anymore. "That coming from a lawyer!" replies Dr. Lewis. :thud: I don't know about you but I sure hope my fiance would nip that attitude right in the bud. I mean that was his wife she was talking about and he said nothing to defend her. Yikes. Nothing about how she raised their daughter all by herself and how she really does not see him at all. Nothing about her putting up with all this for years and years. He just stood there and basically agreed with his friend.

OK, that was my main rant but this post wouldn't be complete without a mention of a lack of calls back to his wife even after being reminded by the nurses. Lastly, I get the feeling that the general audience probably rolled their collective eyes at how needy the wife was and how dedicated to his job Dr. Greene is. Sheesh.
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

Isn't ER/ED shift work? I thought that the hours are better than average.
    Husband of an amazing female physician!

Comment

Working...
    X