Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Diabetic Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diabetic Cat

again.

Yes, the last time we moved to San Antonio, Rascal, my 25 pounder was DXed with insulin dependent diabetes. and yes, it required 2xa day insulin injections.

Fast forward to yesterday. Nicki, my 15 pounder former stray apparently spent the entire time we were gone puking all over the house. She changed sleeping patterns over the past week. She lost some weight. She was planted in front of the water bowl. I called the vet and told them she was diabetic- I brought her in, and they called yesterday- the blood tests said her glucose levels were 407- (normal for a cat is about 175). Yay! another insulin dependent cat! once again, planning any weekends or time away has just gotten WAY more difficult.

Oh well.

Jenn

My sister's MIL had to deal with this with her favorite cat (she has quite a few) It was really though on her. I know how you said it seem tough to you to have more than one kid. But I appluad those that have children and pets. I don't know how you guys do it. All that extra resposibility. I love cats but I just can't handle the heartache that goes along with the eventual loss. Had one that live 20 year (Tigger) and one that lived 18 years (Daniel) I just don't think I can do it again.

Comment

My big beautiful cat, Ivan had diabetes. He was constantly in the bathtub drinking or IN, yes in his water bowl. We had to inject him 2x a day.

He was about 18lbs and 15 years old. Sadly when he got sicker and came down with dementia...we had him put to sleep. He was THE friendliest most beautiful, loving cat ever.

Sorry about your kitty, Jenn.
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I'm sorry Jenn.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'm sorry, Jenn. It does make it harder to find petsitters. We do 2x/day injections with the dog and not many petsitters get into that sort of thing! I've heard cats are more difficult to manage. I hope that by catching it early it makes it a little easier to take care of.

Comment

That is such a bummer. You guys sure are dedicated pet people. It does make things more tricky ...

Comment

Oh, kitty... so sorry Jenn.

Comment

Working...
              X