Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

A poor use of memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A poor use of memory

I have a very odd memory, filled with all sorts of useless information. I can remember birthdays of people I went to elementary school with - and today's example is:

It's John Taylor's birthday (from Duran Duran). As much as I try I cannot get this information out of my head. I haven't cared about this fact since I was 12 or 13, but for the past 20 years, I've continued to mentally note this date.

Anyone else suffer this kind of stupidity?

Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand...

I don't remember details quite like that but do remember most birthdays, old phone numbers and addresses, etc. The more kids I have, the less I remember.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean about having useless information stuck in your head! There is a quote on the side of one of the Trivial Pursuit boxes from ages ago that comes to me at the oddest times. "The time has come, the walrus said, to talk of many things." I wish I could forget that!

Heidi inTN

Comment

Originally posted by hmccray
        There is a quote on the side of one of the Trivial Pursuit boxes from ages ago that comes to me at the oddest times. "The time has come, the walrus said, to talk of many things."
        Addendum from Alice in Wonderland:

(Of pepper corns and mustard seeds
        And other seasonings
        We'll mix 'em all together
        In a sauce that's made for kings
        Kaloo Kalay we'll eat today
        Like cabbagges and kings!!)

It's from a Lewis Carroll Poem. Sadly, I know only the Disney twisted versions.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I have a head for song lyrics and can't seem to get them out of my head once they're in there. I think that's why I love karaoke so much.
          Math, on the other hand, not so much. I tend to remember "interesting" answers from books, articles and trivia shows and am known among my friends as a "Jill-off-all-traits", but a master of none.

Comment

I here ya! I have every address and phone number memorized from the time I was age 3, plus lots of addresses and phone numbers from friends growing up. I also can have a commercial jingle memorized after hearing it once or twice. I wish I could go in and selectively delete all the useless information I'm storing up there...
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Britney Spears was born on 12/02.

Comment

I have a ton of useless infomation stored in my noggin. Interresting but useless....

Comment

Working...
                X