Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Verizon vs. Sprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verizon vs. Sprint

I switched from Sprint to Verizon a year ago because my SO and his mom and my family (these being the majority of the people I actually talk to) have Verizon and they have the free "In" calling. I always loved sprint and they have the best phones (I had a beautiful mini Samsung with free web access and video and photos and everything :--- Those were the days!) and great service and they had pretty good plans too. Well, Verizon is awful. They have been so rude to me, their 411 is AWFUL (I'm soooo getting refunds for all the wrong numbers they've given me!), and my phone drops calls, echoes back to me, and has crappy service!

So I had to take extra time from lunch and wait in 3 different lines and then finally I just asked to speak to a manager (which took another 15 minutes - for them to find one I guess.) Anyway, it took a lot of bickering :argue: but I finally got my phone replaced with a similar model for FREE!!!! I still don't like the phone all that much and I still don't like Verizon, but the manager ended up being pretty helpful.

So, I guess I'm piggybacking on the DMV story and just bitching, but I feel better now. And I have a brand new phone!

Ugh, I'm so sorry for the hassle. My former roommate had Verizon and would tell me horror stories from her visits to the store... waiting endlessly online, rude employees, being forced to have service she didn't want on a "trial basis" and then being responsible to cancel it before being charged...

I've had Cingular ever since I've had a cell phone and I've been quite happy with them. I can count on one hand the number of dropped calls I've had in the past 7 years. I'm not a gadget person, but their phones suit me just fine. Their customer service has always been quite decent.

Comment

I have Verizon. It is love/hate because both of my parents have Verizon and I am roped into the in-network thing too. I get a lot of dropped calls because of the hilly areas of our neighborhood (I think?) but had the same problem with my Sprint service when we visited here 3 years ago.

When I had Sprint I had ALL sorts of problems with the phone and went through 3 of them. I had to argue each time to get it replaced but they did it. I just didn't think it was safe that the phone got so hot I couldn't hold it to my ear.

I now have an LG camera phone that I've had for 2 years and really like. I've considered upgrading but since no one at the Verizon store will ever help me, I'll stick with what I have. No problems with 411 but I don't use it that often. I don't call customer service that often either. DH's work gave him a new Verizon phone and I think it drops calls way more often than mine (not sure what the make and model of the phone is).

Comment

I've been thrilled with Sprint, but I also live where it's headquartered, so I'd hope the service is good here!

Comment

Originally posted by jesher
          I've been thrilled with Sprint, but I also live where it's headquartered, so I'd hope the service is good here!
          They should def. change the name of Overland Park to Sprintland.... Everyone either works there or knows someone that does. Its like the degrees of Kevin Bacon only cellular

Comment

We have a 4 line family plan with T-Mobile and we LOVE the service. We've been with them for almost 4 years and no complaints yet.

Tara, they don't offer the Treo 700 but see if your husband can get an unlocked one. I got a 650 a few months ago and it works just fine on the network.
            Cristina
            IM PGY-2

Comment

You can either get them from ebay (from a seller with great feedback) or directly from Palm. I got mine from Palm because I'd be dead if something went wrong with mine. I live and die by my Treo.

The thing is, getting any unlocked phone is very expensive. The carriers offer the same locked phones to new subscribers for deeply discounted prices but that's because they make up their little investment in the coming years. You might be better off going with the carrier that has your phone if money is a concern.

I chose to get an unlocked phone because I've heard so many horror stories about cell carriers and I felt it didn't make sense to mess with a good thing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
              Cristina
              IM PGY-2

Comment

:! Tara, I apologize, I should've looked at this more closely. It seems that Palm doesn't offer an unlocked GSM version of the 700 yet. They might offer it later this year but that's just speculation. That would've been a really great Christmas present.
                Cristina
                IM PGY-2

Comment

Working...
                X