Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I am in mourning....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am in mourning....

Italy just beat Germany 2-0 in the second overtime.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

That first shot was amazing! The second shot was just luck. 8)
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Oh no! Now I have no team to root for.
      Cristina
      IM PGY-2

Comment

Oh Kris... I'm in mourning too.
        Shall we root for France and Zinedine Zidane?
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

This means no nookie for us nor for women all across Germany tonight. Was that TMI? :>

Comment

Thomas was at a neighbor's house watching it...he came home with his face all red within 2 minutes of the end of the game...he's been pouring over the 'Deutsche Presse' about the German loss and night of sadness descending on the country.

Alison...I say we bar the windows to make sure they don't throw themselves out to the ground below

I was so sad thought that I cried!

kris

Comment

Well....the Italians in this house were pretty happy.

It was sad. I felt bad for the German team. They were so close. If it had gone to a shoot out, I hear they were heavily favored.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

It's such a bummer.

DH keeps pacing through the house saying how he just can't believe it.

Comment

We're pretty sad here too... I remember when Klinsi was a player back in the day. I'm sure he would have wanted to rip his shirt off and rescue the game in the last minutes. 1-0 ok fine, but that second goal in the last seconds--that hurt. Did you see Odonkor just sitting there on the field? He couldn't be consoled for the entire rest of the broadcast. I told dh that it's just a game, but I know deep down that it's much more than that -- and especially for Germans. When else can a German proudly wave a flag?

Comment

Well, the feeling of national pride was just so high in Germany..something that is still so unusual there since WWII. The Germans were just so....sure of themselves. It was so sad.

It was actually a close-up of Odonkor sitting there where someone had come up to him and tried to console him that sort of got me blubbering. I also could see the 1-0...but how the heck did that last one happen? I think the Abwehr just gave up.

sad, sad day....

kris

Comment

Oh...and Klinsi? You mean the "Stolperkoenig?"

kris

Comment

Odonkor is such a cutie with his red shoes! Did you notice the US announcers really liked him?

I had the biggest crush on Klinsi when he and the team won the EM in 1996. Don't mess with him! Just kidding. Do you remember Lothar Mattaeus? I think he's coaching Hungary these days, but I had a sticker of him that I put on my school textbooks in Germany...

I don't understand the 2nd goal either. But I think it was that we were really trying to get something to work offensively and we just couldn't get back into defense. The German Abwehr was pretty bad though; Italy's was much much better. Am I mistaken that the only goal that has gotten past Italy was the Eigentor that the US had early on?

Sad sad day.

Comment

Working...
                        X