Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How long did you date before getting engaged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We dated 7 months, engaged for 3 months, and have been married 8 years strong. We met when dh was 2 weeks into his 1st year of med school, and married the end of the school year.

Crystal
    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Welcome, Rose! DH and I dated for 4.5 years, were engaged for 2.5 years, and have been married for 5 years (got married at the end of med school). We started dating when we were 16 & 17 so there was no rush to get married. Long engagement was due to both of us trying to make our way through school.

Comment

We dated for 3 1/2 years and were engaged for a year before we got married. We have been married for 8 years.

Comment

met to engagement: 1.5 years
          engagement to wedding; 1 year
          Total time to marriage: 2.5 years
          Total time being married: 2.5 years
          For a grand total of 5 years and going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheri
            Originally posted by SueC
            Just 10 months for us, followed by an 11 month engagement. We just celebrated our 8th anniversary. It's hard to believe I've spent almost 1/3 of my life with him at this point.
            My DH and I will have been together 9 of 30 years this year as well, 1/3 of our life is a lot.
            We met at 16 and were best friends, started dating at 18, got engaged at 18, married at 19, and now we are 29. We have been married for more than 1/3 of our lives, and I have known him for nearly 1/2!
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

still waiting
              met and were housemates/friends for 8mos before dating
              been dating 3 years, 4 mos with one break over the summer after match.
              not going anywhere for fellowship without a proposal.
              we're in counseling to figure out if this can happen for us.

it didn't help that he didn't finalize his divorce until last month they were separated for a year before i even met him.

Comment

we have known each other for over 1/2 our lives. we met at 15, and are now both 33.

Comment

Met him when I was 12. (He was 10 ) We were instantly best friends. Started dating him when I was 18, and dated on and off for a couple years. Started dating him exclusively when I was 20, got engaged right after I turned 21, and married him 8.5 months later, also at 21. (Yes, he was 19. ) We have been married almost 16 years. After knowing him for 25 years (I just now figured out it had been that long!) I can't imagine being without him. :---

Sally
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

removed.

Comment

removed

Comment

removed.

Comment

Met at 18, started dating at 19, got engaged at 24, married at 25. So that's about 5 years of dating before we got engaged and 6 until we married. Been married for a little over 3 years and together for over 9.

DH felt bad that I was the only one working while he was in med school, so he refused to have the wedding before the match. Having a job lined up made him feel more manly.

Comment

Dated for 1 year 4 months, got engaged Feb 2006, got married 3 weeks later. It all happened pretty fast! My visa was up and he just couldn't let me go!
                            :---

Just about to celebrate our 4 month anniversary!!
                            Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                            Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

We dated for three years, from the first day to graduation day of undergrad. We got married seven months after getting engaged, right after graduation and right before we moved for med school. We'll be married for four years this month.

Comment

got engaged after 4 months married 1.5 months later.. been married for 3 months..
                                We have been together less than a year; but I am the happiest I have ever been.
                                He starts med school in Aug!!
                                Cheryl~wife to MS3 and Mommy to our two beautiful daughters...

http://simplyimmersed.blogspot.com/
                                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crick...20671954714125

Comment

Working...
                                X