Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Italy WINS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italy WINS

:star: :star: :star: :star: :ra: :ra: :ra: :ra: :ra: :weight: :weight: :weight: :weight: :weight: :football: :football: :football: :football: :- :- :~ :~ :ra: :ra: :ra: :ra: :ra: :ra: :star: :star: :star: :football: :football: :football: :weight: :weight: :weight: :- :~ :gossip:

I cannot believe what Zidane did to get kicked out. That was so awful.

Comment

Originally posted by jesher
      I cannot believe what Zidane did to get kicked out. That was so awful.
      Agreed. That was completely uncalled for and poor sportsmanship. I realize everyone is exhausted, but that act was so rotten and makes the sport look rotten.

Comment

I was on a plane during the game. I haven't seen replays of Zidane yet, but it sounds like he lost it. Was he provoked? Just tired? Hooray for Italy!!!!
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I just watched the clips from the Italy/France game and it looks like Zidane was provoked. He was running in one direction, turned around and rammed his head into the Italian player. There are some rumors going around about what the Italian player said (in a German paper it says that the Italian player called Zidane's sister a prostitute a few times as they were running; elsewhere online, the rumor is the Italian player told Zidane that he was a dirty terrorist). Gosh. ZIZOU!!! What an awful way to end a career. Any thoughts?

Comment

I wouldn't say any name calling would be sufficient provocation for head-butting another person in the chest. ESPECIALLY in that situation. He knew he was being taunted. The Italian player knew Zidane had a temper. They were both trading taunts back and forth ... who knows what Zidane said to the Italian before that? On the street ... maybe the Italian guy deserved a punch. But in the World Cup final, in OT, heading into penalty kicks ... Zidane should have been more restrained.

The announcers said Zidane had a history of losing his temper. They mentioned another game where he'd walked on an opposing players back. Can you imagine? The weight of a grown man ... with those spiked shoes?

Comment

He's got a very short fuse, no doubt about it. This game and previous games. I guess you just have to be above it all. Apparently he's going to talk to the media in a few days. I was reading some of the German papers online and they seem pretty saddened Zidane's actions that got him ejected (maybe because Italy beat them in the semis?!). In any case, he's well-liked in Germany.

I'm ashamed to say it, but I've got a short fuse too. It depends on the situation, but I tend to freak out right away and not think about consequences. Never physical though.

How short or long are your fuses?

Comment

I went onto Zidane's website (http://www.zidane.fr) to watch the interview that he gave this evening about the headbutt. If anyone's interested (it's in French), then click on "Zidane s'explique." My really really bad French does come in handy.

Comment

I read that the Italian called him a terrorist. He is Algerian immigrated to France. The Italian defender has claimed it was a garden variety taunt. Interesting discussion considering the tensions in Europe against immigrated Muslims.
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I agree. It'll be interesting to see how things unfold given that the Italian guy apparently said some pretty awful things. Wasn't the theme of the World Cup something like "A Time to Make Friends?" I'm curious whether Fifa will take away his golden foot or was it ball? My French is so bad!

Comment

So, what did everyone think about the apology today?

J.

Comment

Good to see you Jenn!
                        I feel sorry for the guy. He grew up in the slums and I'm sure he didn't have an easy childhood. This is no excuse for lashing out physically, but I have to think with his history of acting out, he was provoked and it was instinctual on his part to protect his family. In his interview on French TV he, as always, is such a soft spoken man. I've seen him before on TV and he's always been this quiet, brooding man who is fully aware that he's got a bad temper. The German newspapers seem to side with him. And I read an article on SI.com that Materazzi is equally to blame for this, so it seems that Zidane does have some sympathizers.

If Materazzi did call Zidane the son of a terrorist whore, which I don't think we'll ever know for sure (although I think it's classy of Zidane NOT to say what Materazzi said to him), then it's just sad and embarrassing for everyone involved...

Comment

Working...
                        X