Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Under normal circumstances I'd be disappointed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under normal circumstances I'd be disappointed...

So remember how I was telling you all that my husband was home to much, that we were getting on each others' nerves, that he was picking on me for being messy, etc. etc.? Well, I was sort of looking forward to him coming home early today because we were/are going to go to the mall to cool off...

He called about an hour ago. He thought he'd get to leave, but they put him on another case.

He: So I thought I'd get to go home already, but I've got one more case today.

Me: What is it?

He: I've got to go to the cath lab. (insert something unintelligible). I have no idea how long it's going to take but (insert somethng unintelligible). So I should be coming home later.

Me: Should I wait for you or should I head out?

He: Oh, I think it'll only be about an hour. I should be home in time for dinner.

Ahem. It was 2pm--IN TIME FOR DINNER?!

I let this one go, because I'm happy to have some time alone. Next week it'll be a lot of one on one. And not this: :wildthing It's too hot for that!!!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Really bad grammar mistakes in my post. Sorry! I hope you'll still read it...

Comment

Yeh, those last minute cases suck - DH gets stuck with those every once in a while. I hope he's home by now.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Ok, so by now it's 6pm, dh just called again and told me that he won't be out till at least 7 or 7:30 when the overnight people come.

So how does it happen that there are people who finish a case at 2pm and get another one to work on until the evening. And then there are people who finish a case at 2:30 and get sent home? My husband says that he's just "been standing at the wrong place at the wrong time" these past few days and therefore "has the bad luck" of having to do an extra case until 6 or 7 while others go home in the early p.m.

I've heard that there are some who finish at 2 and instead of looking at the schedule to see what they can do, they avoid the schedule-maker so that they don't run the risk of being found and getting roped into doing a new case.

This is frustrating!

Comment

Sorry Alison, my DH is stuck at the hospital too. His attendings are out of town this week so this was supposed to be a quiet week but at 6pm he said he'd be in the OR at least until 7. It sucks to be married to the ambitious ones.

Comment

Cheri--you knew exactly what to say! Thank you!

As far as San Francisco goes, do you know the city? My mom used to live and work there and told me I should hit Molinari's for sandwiches. Do you have any restaurant suggestions there? I'm dying for some dim sum and pho.

Comment

I'm grouchy because of this diet. I want something deepfried. Like turnip cake dim sum. Please don't let Annie find this post.

Comment

Alison, unfortunately I don't know restaurants that well in San Francisco. Alito's is great for seafood, we also know a few that are great for special nights out but we rarely ate up there for a "normal" meal. Sorry.

Comment

He: Oh, I think it'll only be about an hour. I should be home in time for dinner.

Ahem. It was 2pm--IN TIME FOR DINNER?!
                  I can totally sympathize with the "it will only be about an hour," Alison. Somehow in their universe 'one hour' equates more like three. Hope you get to enjoy some of the evening with your hubby.

And if I may 'interrupt', (since you were asking Cheri about restaurants), there is a great restaurant in San Francisco called "The Stinking Rose," which has delicious food -- but only if you like garlic.
                  Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Comment

It's 10:30 and he walked through the door around an hour ago.

I'll definitely look up the restaurant--it's too bad that we've only got 2 full days in SF. I would love to have a bit more time there. I love garlic!!! Thanks!

Comment

Any particular part of San Francisco? We went to a place on Russian Hill that was fantastic. I'll put the brain to work remembering the name if you want.

Comment

Hi Nellie: What kind of place is the one on Russian Hill? I love trying new places, but this time I'd really like to have some places that people have tried, since our time in SF is limited.

I like how this thread has morphed into San Francisco restaurants.

Comment

Well, at least it isn't a thread under the fitness and exercise section, right?

I remembered -- it is 1550 Hyde and that is also the address. I believe the cross street is Pacific and it is right off the cable car line. I am remembering correctly, if you keep walking down Hyde, you go past the crooked street and on down to Fisherman Wharf (or a little west of there). I found it on one of my "walking tours" following the cable car lines.

It is more on the expensive side. It was our nice night out meal while we there but worth every dang penny. Tasting menu is a good bet. If you go and you like chocolate, the pot de creme is one of the best I have ever had.

I also like the restaurants in the Ferry Building. Along the...Embarcadero, I think? The Michael Recchiutti chocolate shop is worth a stop. There are some nice, less expensive restaurants in the building as well.

Can you tell what my vacations revolve around? At least I walked a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by dandelion
                            And if I may 'interrupt', (since you were asking Cheri about restaurants), there is a great restaurant in San Francisco called "The Stinking Rose," which has delicious food -- but only if you like garlic.
                            Ooh, yes - I LOVE this restaurant. Maybe I should have given my answer a little more thought. Hmm...

Comment

I've been reading these and taking notes! Thanks a lot for your input!
                              Are you at all familiar with Santa Barbara? We've got one night booked there.

When we travel, we're the same, we walk A LOT and don't eat much (but are willing to splurge a bit on what we DO eat).

Comment

Working...
                              X