Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

**HELP**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the BEST pair of jeans that I got from Anthropologie and they are the jeans that are cut more like trousers. I have a huge rear and these leave some room in the thighs so I don't look like a high schooler from the late 90s. I loooove them and I get compliments on them every time I wear them (which is pretty much every time I wear jeans ). Usually though, I just wear other pants and not jeans... just easier.

Comment

Do you have a link for the jeans? I've never bought anything at Anthropologie, but am willing to spend anything for a good pair of jeans that FIT!!!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Okay, you guys, I agree with everything that has been recommended, BUT......I love crop pants/capris for this occasion because she will have to be running after her kids. Most likely that will involve bending and stretching, and maybe even getting down on the ground......not always easy in a dress. My boys at that age had a habit of "going under the tent" (which is what they called it) which meant going under the skirt of what I wearing and/or pulling it up from the back, unbeknownst to me.

So perhaps my own experiences have colored my recommendations a bit, but give me pants any day when I am dealing with toddlers!

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by alison
          Boot cut jeans/slacks make me look really short and my caboose huge, but then I wouldn't wear the tapered jeans either.
          Same here. I have to wear heels.

I have a pair of Banana trouser jeans (I think the label inside says Trouser Denim or something) that I really like. They are hemmed for heels, but after I'm pg and if they still make the jeans, I'm going to see how they look with flat shoes.

Lucky Jeans work well for me too since they have a bunch of different cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by mommax3
            My boys at that age had a habit of "going under the tent" (which is what they called it) which meant going under the skirt of what I wearing and/or pulling it up from the back, unbeknownst to me.
            Wise words Sally. I love the "under the tent"

Comment

Mom2three, with the heat around here, if there was a party with boating and it required me to show up naked, I would do it. So, stay focused on the fun of being near/in the water!

I like the skirt/dress suggestions; if you want to get on a boat however, I might consider shorts or I have seen recently skort things that don't look like the skorts of yore and instead look exactly like a skirt (but allow more activity).

I have been to dozens and dozens of social functions for my work, I think over a hundred total in the past seven years. This is what I have observed on the dressing end of things: confidence makes you look good.

No matter what your size or shape, confident women always appear exponentially more attractive. If you don't feel confident, fake it long and well enough and eventually you will start to believe it, I promise.

Comment

While I haven't found any specific dresses, I found a really great plus size site (that is also a national chain). While the prices aren't the cheapest, they're not bad and the clothes are so chic and fun, they're bound to make one forget about plus sizing.

http://www.kiyonna.com

Comment

I thought this was kind of cute - I'm not sure if it's dressy enough but I thought it was nice and it's only $22!

Also, this skirt is cute!

(love Target )

Comment

I agree with Sally....crop pants are probably the way to go especially since you already have a few pairs. Dresses are nice, but with little ones...... :!. Since it is a summer (hot) outdoor event with boating, I have a feeling everyone else will be very, very casual (shorts, sandals, etc).

Comment

I agree with Sally!

Jennifer
                      Needs

Comment

Originally posted by stellava
                        They still make acid wash tapered jeans somewhere too, but what can we do?
                        Remember those two-tone jeans with both gray and blue denim? I remember wearing pinstripe tapered jeans with pleats. Yikes the 80s were scary.

I have to agree with the capris, though I can't figure out why they are such a fashion faux pas. How about the capris with an empire waisted, floaty type top? I am betting it will be a very casual party.

Comment

I declare there is nothing wrong with capris worn right. I think nearly everybody looks good in a smart cargo capri (that statement is not at all self-serving, regardless of the multiple pairs of cargo capris that I own)

For me (stocky, petite), the trick is getting the length and rise right. And getting a shirt that is the right length for the rise. I like dressing them up with a fun shirt for weekend nights out or dressing it down with 2 layered (different colored) wife beaters.

I would suggest capris with an empire waisted v/neck or halter top. But what do I know? I'm sitting here typing this in a hot pink tie-died tank top and lime green shorts from my alma matter. Granted, they're my pj's/dog walking clothes, but I could really stand to update my casual look.

Comment

Working...
                          X