Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

MDFamily --Second Year Starting!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDFamily --Second Year Starting!!!

We are now entering our second year of the new improved online ezine. This year, we added lots of new columns and new writers. The Dawkter's Wife was a huge hit. Jenn Patel will be staying on our staff next year, but she'll jump around to try out some new things. Our special fashion series by Julie Muchnik was also a enjoyed by all. We hope to have a few more submissions from her in the future - but she's waiting for new fashion questions! :chat:

I'd like to put out a general announcement for new writers and staff members this year. We still plan to publish 6 issues/year. We will keep the same section formats - but we are open to starting new sections as well. We are currently looking for section editors in the following areas:

Med School section
    Financial Info section
    Parenting section

Section editors would be responsible for securing or writing 5 articles in their section per year. These could take many different formats; they can be investigative, instructional or blog-style personal essays. We have nothing to offer but glory, of course. We'd put you on the banner and give you the title, but we can't offer a salary or payment at this time. We'd welcome you as staff and include you in the development of the magazine. It's a great way to get some writing experience.

As I mentioned before, Jenn Patel will not be writing the Dawkter's Wife regularly this year. She will continue on staff. Would anyone else like to take a turn being the Erma Bombeck of the Medical Lifestyle? Come on.....it could be fun!

We are also interested in getting members to answer email surveys about their area (for area reviews) and their employment (for the career section). If you could do this for us, please drop me a PM. I will send you out an email questionaire. Fashion questions and questions for our soon-to-come relationship advice column can also be sent to me via PM.

If you have a topic that you would like covered or an essay/article to submit, please contact me via PM. I will tell you where to send your submission and listen to all ideas for the next year. We have offered a payment of $25.00 for a freelance submissions in the past. We will try to continue that this year as funds permit.

Thanks for reading...and get in touch with your thoughts! We'd like to make this ezine a good resource for information on medical training and beyond. We can't do it without your input!
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Angie, just wanted to say I think you're awesome.

Also, everyone who adds to the MDfamily...and while Im at it....everyone here makes my day brighter.

THANK YOU, Kris!

can you feel the love? xoxooxoxoxoxo
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I would like to do the tales from the trenches - dawkter's wife thing. I would still also like to continue doing cover art.

That's if you think you can count on me...

I'll be good.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

OK..I have my Vishenka article suggestion

How about a piece on dressing the full-figured dawkter's wife so she doesn't feel like a frumpy after-thought! :!

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
          OK..I have my Vishenka article suggestion

How about a piece on dressing the full-figured dawkter's wife so she doesn't feel like a frumpy after-thought! :!

kris
          ditto. i need to know how NOT to look like a chump..(or a chunk )
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Hmmm...I can't seem to sign up.

Comment

The bug is back? I will hook you up if you need to be "in". Just send me a PM with a username and temp password. We've had real problems with the PayPal button this year. *sigh* We're probably the only organization in the USA that can't get the "taking your money" part down.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I'd like to help but I don't know much about anything yet. I'm still such a newbie. I guess out of those three, I could do medical school since we are gearing up to start that now.

Comment

No problem, consider it done. Please keep suggestions coming. I want to write about topics that are helpful to the majority.

Comment

Hey Vishenka-

Can you include a column on men's clothing? If for no other reason than I'm tired of my husband's uniform out of his uniform. (he still sticks with brown, khaki, and tan.)

Jenn

Comment

Jenn, funny you should mention that. It was one of my suggestions to Angie for the next issue.

Comment

I'm still having trouble signing in...help?
                        Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Comment

check you PM box....

kris
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                          X