Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Visiting here tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting here tonight

Dear All,

I haven't been on this website much lately. We did move to Michigan with our 4 kids last month and dh started his radiology residency and we are constantly busy and when not busy, I am sleeping, pretty much. Since moving I have just been constantly on the go.........and we are not anywhere near settled in this house. We take lots of unpacking breaks for bike rides and walks through the new neighborhood and meeting new friends (and nursing this cute little baby of ours).

We discovered a mold problem in our attic that our inspector somehow missed and the previous owners omitted from their disclosure (but we discovered proof that they knew about it). Anyway, much of my time as a first time homeowner has been spent getting estimates from mold remediation companies and investigating their references to find that they are mostly scammers. We finally had the big job done on Friday, so we are moldfree. Tomorrow, the furnace guy is coming to correct several small problems with our ductwork that was improperly sealed in a number of spots. We have already taken up two rugs...to find decent ceramic tile floors. My dh has built a few bookshelves for his ever increasing library......in his spare time. There is just an overwhelming amount of work to be done still.

We were able to get the 3 big kids set up in daycamp as soon as we got here, so that's been great. They have all made wonderful little friends and are having a wonderful Summer. We love the house and the neighborhood and area in general.

Dh has made a good transition to his program and seems to like the job and the people. So far, his schedule has been quite manageable. I was worried that it would be harder for him to go from being an attending back to being a resident......but he is doing okay, learning the ropes with the other newbies. This first month has been the easiest first month of training he's ever had anywhere.........so that's a good thing.

Well, I just wanted to stay in touch. I need to do some lurking sometime when I can find some time and catch up with what's happening with everyone. When I am more settled, I expect to be visiting here much more often. I hope everyone is well and enjoying their Summer.

Welcome back!

We're in the middle of a moving mightmare ourselves so you have all of my sympathies. Moving is never fun under the best of circumstances.

Glad to hear that everything is going well for your husband. Hopefully it'll continue to go as well.

Check in whenever you can.

Jenn

Comment

Welcome back, nice to hear from you.
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Hi Laurel,

I'm glad you hear you are getting to know your neighbors and settled in. But so sorry about the mold. Sounds like that is headed in the right direction. Welcome back!

Comment

Hi Laurel,

Welcome back, and I'm glad to hear that you're getting settled and that your DH and kids seem to be doing well. And welcome to Michigan!!
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
          X