Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Scrubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrubs?

We need some more scrubs so I don't have to do laundry every 2 days - DH only has 2 right now and he's starting an ER rotation in a couple weeks.
    Anyone know where I can get some nice ones (read: cheap and relatively decent quality)?
    Thanks!!!!

Try Goodwill or the Salvation Army.

Jenn

Comment

He should have a scrub card... shouldn't he? Dh has never had to buy scrubs, maybe your program is different?
      Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
      Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

DH has never had to buy scrubs either, nor has he ever had to wash them. He did bring them home for a while...but when I found out that the hospital laundry washed them, I refused to wash any more scrubs and just stuck them in a giant garbage bag until he took them back to the hospital. :>

Does your husband's program not provide scrubs for their residents/med students?
        Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Comment

Originally posted by KCwife
          He should have a scrub card... shouldn't he? Dh has never had to buy scrubs, maybe your program is different?

His program only issues 2 sets of scrubs.

Jloreine - just suggested that to DH and he said he wants new scrubs!!!

I just found some on allheart.com for $9.99 for set...seems like a good deal?

Comment

When we were in Albany, they got a scrub card, and could have 3 out at a time. They needed to put one back before they could get clean ones after 3 sets. Here...well, we have a little bit more than 3 sets. I think my dh is single handedly responsible for the scrub shortage at the hospital and their threatening to go to the machines.

Buy them though??? Yikes. No way.
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

We've never had to buy them either. Throughout med school and now residency, the hospital supplies them and washes them too. I guess I didn't realize how lucky we were!

Comment

OMG, I didn't know that people had to supply their own scrubs?!! It seems like every time DH comes home from the hospital he's wearing a new pair of scrubs, and they just keep piling up in the closet. He probably has two weeks' worth in there.
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

we've got at least 30 pairs ... none purchased. all ... appropriated?? around dh's 3rd year of residency they got a 'scrub-nazi' and you started having to return them before you could get more. we stocked up before that.

Comment

DH also has about 20 pairs, although I don't know if he's supposed to. The hospital washes them but he's allergic to whatever detergent they use (bless him with his sensitive skin) so I have to do it. Any tips on how to get blood stains out? They're soo gross!!

He has these scrubs from when he was doing his elective a couple of years back. They have HOSPITAL PROPERTY stamped all over them. I think it's hilarious, couldn't be more true! I think he wears them to make a statement. Yep, he's the joker of the bunch.
                    Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                    Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Originally posted by sp2809
                      They have HOSPITAL PROPERTY stamped all over them.
                      DH, being half asleep when leaving one morning grabbed a pair of scrubs out of his drawer and went to work. Only later when did he realize that they were stamped "University of Kansas Hospital." Opps.
                      Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
                      Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Originally posted by sp2809
                        Any tips on how to get blood stains out? They're soo gross!!
                        I don't know if this would affect the color of the scrubs, but hydrogen peroxide (poured directly on the stains before washing) worked wonders on DHs lab coats.
                        Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Comment

Wow- the military issues them, and the lab coats like they're 100 million dollar missiles. In fact, one of the things my husband had to do before we left DC was to turn in his lab coat and someone actually signed a form saying that he did...

He just ordered a new lab coat with his name, etc from allheart- it looks perfectly serviceable.

Jenn

Comment

We just ordered 8.99 clogs from allheart for dh. They are really lightweight and comfy - like crocs. They have ones with holes, and ones without. With all the blood dh wades through, we opted for ones without holes. A definite alternative to the $100+ Dansko clogs.
                            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

eBay?

Comment

Working...
                              X