Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

They just don't get it. (lol)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They just don't get it. (lol)

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!! These are not friends, just parasites in life!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Re: They just don't get it. (lol)

Originally posted by *Lily*
    Brian asked if he couldn't "just reschedule" his Call night
    Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Comment

so sorry to hear about your boss, Lily.

reschedule call night ... right. we'll get right on that.

Comment

Reschedule call? I love it! That is classic for someone who doesn't understand. And you know that the misunderstanding of it all goes so much deeper than that. "It's never a good time for you."

Precisely!
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Your story points out perfectly the 'don't get it' mentality. I think most of my family still thinks of -George Clooney in a fancy restaurant excusing himself of his hot date to answer a page- whenever I mention that dh has call.

Your friends didn't exactly give you much notice...never mind not taking the hint or 'getting' it.

Comment

Lily,

Sorry to hear about your boss. Definitely think most don't have a clue of the rigors of the medical life. However, with this scenario, I'm tempted to say with Luanne that this potential houseguest is inconsiderate.

I mean taking medicine out of the equation -- to call less than a week in advance and basically invite your family of four to stay for three nights in the home of two working adults? Then, to get pissy when it's not convenient for whatever reason.

Comment

Lily, I'm sorry about your boss - I hope things at work settle down to some sense of normal.

As for your friends - yep, no one gets it. My ILs are the worst though - my FIL is a pharmacist, used to be a hospital administrator, he works insane hours yet they don't understand even after 5 years of medical school and being in the third year of residency.

Priceless!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
              X