Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Toyota Matrix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Matrix

Just thought I'd throw this into the mix.
    I posted awhile back about cars, and that my husband and I are looking for one.

Do any of you have experience with this car? The 4WD and/or the FWD?

We test drove one yesterday and really liked it. The Subaru Outback is a bit pricey for us and we haven't had much luck finding good, used ones for some reason. The Jeep Compass 2007 is really bad (we test drove it). They've really gone cheap-o on the interiors.
    married to an anesthesia attending

My aunt and uncle have one and they seem happy with it. Sorry I can't be of more help. Have fun car shopping.
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I haven't seen many of them out on the road and that was sort of puzzling to me, because when we test drove it, we liked it. If I were to have asked about the Honda Accord, it would have been a different story. We're going to go look at it again sometime later this week, loan in hand (neither of us have ever had a loan in our lives).

Comment

Wow, not even student loans? And here I was thinking that my fiance was that one person in a million who has no loans, not even student loans.
        Cristina
        IM PGY-2

Comment

My SO's med school is being paid for by Dr. Dad, so that makes three.

Comment

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

We bought the car!!! Dh was post call with 1 hour of sleep. I told him we should have waited until he had had more sleep (ie. Thursday or Friday), because I was afraid we'd lose steam when haggling.

I'm proud of him - he haggled and negotiated and we were about to leave the dealer with nothing, but were able to cut an ok deal (dealers still make good money off of trade-ins). But anyway, I can't believe this husband of mine who could barely put a sentence together in English (his English was SO bad when we first met), was able to negotiate a free cargo mat and undercoating.

Tomorrow we're going out for a celebratory dinner with the car.

Comment

Woohoo! Enjoy the car.... and the dinner, of course. :candle
                Cristina
                IM PGY-2

Comment

Thanks guys!
                  Now we only need to find a restaurant where no parallel parking is not necessary and they've got a huge parking lot where we can park the car far away from anyone else!

We're picking up the new car and I've got to say goodbye to my Jeep.
                  I didn't think I could get so attached to it. Any ideas on how to say goodbye to it? I am 28 yo... I am an adult...

Comment

Working...
                  X