Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Number 9-0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number 9-0!

Today is my grandmother's 90th birthday. Can you imagine?

I'm flying in on Saturday to Pittsburgh for the big family party. I'm bunking with my cousin Elizabeth at a b&b downtown. We're so excited to hang out. We're super close and she was so bummed when we left DC. (and she's dating a Lt. Col. and is in luuuuuvvvvv.)

I can't wait to see the rest of the insane relatives, too. Several of my dad's cousins are coming and well, they're all just nuts. We all went to my grandfather's brothers 90th birthday a few years ago and had a fantastic time.

Poor Rick, I come from a long-lived group.

Jenn

Happy birthday to your grandma! Have fun with your cousin.

My grandfather on my dad's side lived to be 90 and was very healthy until the end. I hope I'll get to 90 myself.
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

Comment

Happy Birfday G-Ma! Have fun on your trip. If you have the chance to go by the old house and meet up with the a**hat stomp on her big toe for me They say releasing anger helps you live longer !!!

Comment

Happy Birthday!! :yum:
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Have a great time!

I went to my grandmother's 90th in April and I am SO glad I did. Didn't hurt that she chipped in for the airfare but so worth traveling over a weekend with two kids.

Comment

Aww Happy birthday grammy!
            That is awesome!!! 90 yrs - I can't even imagine!!

Comment

I missed this thread. I hope you had a fun time with all of your relatives.

Comment

It was a great time, I got zero sleep for the entire weekend- but it was well worth it. I left my house at 5am Saturday morning and powered through until I got home at 6:30 last night. My grandmother was very happy to have (almost) everyone there. My cousins are great, and I got to meet my cousin's baby for the first time.

All in all it was worth the expense and the toll on my poor pathetic self.

(I was asleep by 9pm last night- I got Nikolai settled and couldn't even come up with enough strength to go kiss my husband goodnight- I crawled into my bed and that was it. There are reasons why all-nighters only seem fun when they don't hurt the next day)

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                X