Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Getting back in to our groove (Update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting back in to our groove (Update)

After the sale of PA home fell through and retaining a realtor, we utimately sold our home to our original buyer. The sale of their home fell through, but they were able to quickly land a new buyer who could pay cash and settle quickly. We were able to close on our home a day earlier than originally planned, which meant that we were able to keep the home in Oregon. But we lost approximately 10 grand to a realtor commission- who barely did anything to earn her commission (that's another story).

Dh had his residency graduation dinner in June, the next day the movers showed up and took all our stuff and put it into storage. The kids and I flew to Oregon and we stayed with my parents while Dh and his Dad drove the cars across the country. We closed on our Oregon home and the movers notified us the day before we were supposed to get our stuff that they would not be delivering on the scheduled date. Rather, our stuff would be arriving two weeks later. Ugh.

Two weeks later our stuff arrived and we moved in. Quite a few things were damaged, including a brand new dining room table chair. (Why couldn't they have ruined our hand-me down, college, shabby furniture?) Our internet was just hooked up today and alas we are officially moved in!!

DH doesn't start work until Sept. 1, but he told me the other day that he's ready to go back to work because it will be a break from taking care of the kids all -day long.

My piece of unsolicited advice is to not make a big job change, sell a home, move across the country, buy a new home, and have a new baby - ALL AT ONCE. The past two months have been stressful, but I think we are starting to get back into our groove. It's nice to get back to this site!
    Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

You made it! That all sounds really stressful. I hope you are getting settled in.

Comment

welcome back! why or why can a move NEVER go smoothly! i agree - it's too many things all at once.

i'm glad you're back. it must be nice to be reconnected to the world (us, I mean).

Comment

Glad to see you back! Hopefully it'll be a bit quieter now that you've got all of that stuff behind you!!
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Welcome back, I'm glad you survived!!!!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
          X