Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Anyone here from Tulsa???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here from Tulsa???

Hey guys I am hoping someone can help me out. hubby had offer from rural hospital near Tulsa OK Anyone out in the area? It will be a huge change from Phoenix I guess there would be pros and cons. At this point DH is getting a little burned out ( is this normal for chief year???) He has decided not to do fellowship so we can "get on with this!" Huge difference in attitude from my little trauma junkie. I always thought that I would like to go back to smaller town ( I am from midwest ) We have the 2 boys-is it better to live in smaller town or big city???? Just another idea for me to obsess about over my domestic godess duties. make it a great day!!!!

While we don't live near Tulsa, but we did move from the Los Angeles area to a teeny, tiny town (actually a village) in NC about two years ago and we haven't looked back. We couldn't be happier with our decision. Do you have any specific questions about living in a small town?

Comment

I have friends in OKC who have lived in Tulsa. All of my Okie friends LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Oklahoma. Kind of like the native Texans love Texas. (for some reason, I don't feel the same way about Maryland- I mean it's nice and all....but I'm not head to toe University of MD...)

Jenn

Comment

We just turned down an opportunity to move back to the Midwest because it was too small of a town.
        DH has done a lot of research into the demographic trends of Phoenix. He has finally decided that he wants to stay put because he feels that he needs to be in an environment that is well on the incline and not slow growing, stagnant or on the decline population wise. He said that going to small towns where the volume or case load may be low would not help keep his skills as sharp. Plus there is more $$ to be made here therefore we will be able to set aside the kids college $$, retirement $$ sooner which of course BETTER mean retiring sooner than later. It's something to think about. If the small town is near dear friends and family then forget everything I just said and GO...there's nothing like built in babysitters that you can trust! LOL Can you tell what my biggest complaint about moving to the big city has been??!!

Comment

Tulsa is where DW did her med school. We lived there for four years, and I grew up in the rural areas around Tulsa for thirteen years, have family that still live in the area.

Ask away!!

Comment

thank yo for all the responses. Some insight I had not thought of. I am concerned that Dh is used to a more intense enviroment-will he get bored??? At this point he says no and bring it on. Small hospital, 2 present surgeons will be retired before we arrive. The only surgeon (next town is about 20 miles) The hospital has been preparing for this-3 brand new OR suites/recovery. Based on population should be able to support 3 surgeons. Stressfull enough to start out of residency then take responsibiltiy for this project?
            Maybe I have the problem with a smaller town. What I am tired of is grade school classes with 32-36 children to a teacher-have to have tutoring to keep them up to we think they should be. Nanny #3 did not work out 2nd week into new job and 1st into new school year, traffic and just the pace. I know it will be a change. As far as family and friends-well husband grew up there and my parents retired there so we could have a central location to visit both. So lots of grandparents, aunts,uncles and cousins!!!!! Just think---no more fear of will he be on call and I may have to cover the holliday at work (RN) and no more switching from days to nights and then splitting shifts to accomadate DH schedule and pretend that I am a SAHM (after all nurses only have to work THREE 12 hour shifts! HA HA!!!) So I do think I am ready for this ride to be over-Not that I expect it to be easier -just different and with family all around. Why would I think this would not be the right thing to do??? I am very close to parents so they come out regularly but it is just not the same as being in the same town. I feel much better now I just had to have a little outside imput.

Comment

Working...
            X