Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Heidi (Or Anyone who can help)- Removing Permanent Marker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heidi (Or Anyone who can help)- Removing Permanent Marker

I seem to remember you posting about your daughter using a sharpie on your leather sofa. (I think it was you). How in the world did you get it out? I tried to do a search for your post but I can't seem to find it. My daughter just applied blue permanent marker to the window sills in her room. I sent the hubby to get Magic Eraser- hoping that will work. Did you use that or something else?

Please help. We have only lived in this house for a month- it's brand new and I just about cried when I saw her artwork. I know I can paint over it, but I'd rather just remove it if I can.

(From the stupid parent files . . . . I left those markers in her room during nap time and I now I have learned the hard way to read the label before purchase to see if they are washable )
    Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

:thud: Oh no!

Jenn (jesher) also had a run-in with markers recently.

Magic Eraser is what I usually try. I think Jenn and Heidi might have used something else. Good luck!

Comment

Heidi did not get the marker out. I think she said that rubbing alcohol made some difference, but also discolored her leather sofa.

MY marker problem was not SUPPOSED to be permanent ... but is.

Try the crayola website - they give specific solutions per color / surface the marker is on.

Comment

Jenn is right, I never did get it out. My sofa is discolored, and it still has black sharpie on it. It is slowly wearing off though, but the couch is permanently ruined.

Magic eraser, rubbing alcohol. Those are your best bets.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Our 9 year old was famous for his "artwork" on anything wood, I use the orange stuff, I think it's called Goo be Gone and is great for walls, wood and plastic.

Comment

Once again, Oxi-Clean gets just about anything. You can buy it at Target.

Also, Dawn is not too bad. I know it is dish soap but I use it on carpets all the time. Good luck!!!

Comment

I tried Magic Eraser - it didn't do anthing except remove some of the paint. So, I pulled out the big guns - Goof Off. That removed the marker and just all of the paint. Warning: Goof Off is STRONG stuff. I finally broke down and repainted one of sills and it looks pretty good. I'll do the remaining two this weekend. The paint is oil based and I'm used to latex, so I was a little nervous. Painting with oil based paint turned out to not really be a big deal.
              Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Working...
              X