Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ooh, he's a Dawkter?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is the precise reason why people who ask why we moved to TX are told "he's in the military". The next question is, Air Force or Army (two AF bases, two former AF bases and one ever increasing in size Army base- it's a reasonable question. I say Army, and then they'll tell me whatever military affliation brought THEM to San Antonio and we move on.

When we first got married, he ordered checks w/ MD on them. I used them but hated it because I thought it was a wee bit pompous. (much like when I called kitchen people to give me estimates on having our kitchen done and was quoted THREE times the amount in person as I was on the phone solely because we lived in the historic district. (in a 1200 sq foot 2BR, 1ba house...)

He does add MD when he signs his name sometimes but I think it's because that's just the way he's so used to signing his name.

Now, internship year we had an MD/PhD who tried to get the PhD added to the stamp for the Army and they basically laughed him out of the office. and he was such a pompous ass that everyone referred to him as "doctordoctor" behind his back.

Jenn

Comment

My dad is a doc, and he actually goes out of his way to downplay his profession to people he doesn't know and introduces himself as "Mr. Lastnamehere".
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by nmh
        If you need us to change your username to Laker, Esq, just let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker
          DW doesn't tell anyone about her M.D. I try not to discuss it, but people always ask what she does... then I hear the "Oh, a lawyer and a dawter"...or "power couple". I am like
          amen, brother. I am a second year associate and she is in her second week of medical school and I am already sick of the "power couple" comments.

Espcially since I'll probably be done lawyering by the time she starts doctoring.
          - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

yes!

My husband just started med school last week, but I already am getting comments like this! I have a college degree and plan on starting nursing school after my hubby is a little established. Yet, one other med student told me that I shouldn't be doing anything right now except "laying by the pool getting a tan" because my husband is going to be a doctor. Oh my goodness!

Comment

Re: yes!

Originally posted by Bearwife
              My husband just started med school last week, but I already am getting comments like this! I have a college degree and plan on starting nursing school after my hubby is a little established. Yet, one other med student told me that I shouldn't be doing anything right now except "laying by the pool getting a tan" because my husband is going to be a doctor. Oh my goodness!
              A med student told you that? They're obviously in for a RUDE awakening if they're going into medical school with that thought process!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
              X