Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What personal projects are you working on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What personal projects are you working on?

I am trying to get back into some self-improvement activities, and I realized that I am happiest when I have a bunch of projects going. Reading is one of my on-going projects, but I feel a little directionless in my reading sometimes. My artwork is another project I usually am involved in, but I haven't been able to find any art schools in our new city that are nearby. Searching for the right career is also an ongoing project for me, though one I haven't had much luck with in the past few years.

What are some of your projects--they could be self-improvement, a household project, etc. Anyone out there have an organized self-improvement program they follow, such as reading a certain number of hours per day, following an exercise program, or some combination of any activities? I would be interested in starting something like this--I am looking to create more structure to my day.

The single most structured part of my day is -drop Nikolai off at 8am, pick him up at 5pm and put him to bed by 8pm. That's all I've got I'm afraid. After that, I get bonus points for actually accomplishing anything fruitful.

Jenn

Comment

Well I am starting an exercise program in order to get ready for a 5K in October. I did it two years ago and this is my approach to lose post baby 10 pounds. I just finished up with school so I am reading at least a book a month. I am looking for a book club....probably an online bookclub. I also want to take one of those Barnes and Nobles Courses.

Comment

My seemingly endless project is renovating the slum we bought so that we can sell it. It is absolutely overwhelming at times. Did I mention I have to do this with no money and during naptimes? The kitchen floor is finished, but I ended up not replacing the plywood, just patching. Now I am working on molding. But dh left the lid off of my tub containing the power tools. It rained. Other than that I try to find time to get to the gym, go for a run. My kids get the best and the bulk of me.

Comment

I don't have a regimin at all but my personal projects are reading, art (at home, not a class), studying for the GREs, and fixing up my apartment. Other than that, I'm working, taking care of the dog (we're starting training classes this weekend!!), or trying to value every second with SO. That's it!

Comment

Working...
          X