Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

so funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lurked for a couple days, then I felt too bad about taking everyone's great insights without being able to say thanks, or drop in my 2 cents (not that I have many cents to contribute at this stage of the game)
    - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

I found this place around six years ago and I can't remember if I jumped right in or lurked. Either way it didn't take long for me start posting.

Jennifer
      Needs

Comment

I think I lurked for a couple of days. I had been on SDN and found it very blah for spouses so when I found this it was like YEAH :ra: :ra: :ra:
        Danielle
        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I lurked for a few months before gathering up the courage to start posting. I guess I felt intimidated by all the people whose spouses were already in residencies, while my then boyfriend was just starting med school. There's also the fact that you guys looked like you were OOOOOLD friends and I felt like such an intruder.
          Cristina
          IM PGY-2

Comment

I was a lurker first. I probably would have remained a lurker if Penelope's post wasn't so gripping. I still wonder sometimes how she's doing. I never, ever thought I would be posting and checking in daily.

Comment

You can do a search. From the sound of it her long distance marraige was breaking up and to me it was a 'train wreck in slow motion' kind of thing to observe. I lived apart from my husband part of the time too so I know how that brings issues into the already challenging medical relationship. She was so full of emotion and her history of a once great marraige deteriorating just broke my heart. I'm pretty sappy about true love and all. Realistic, but sappy.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I posted as soon as I found this site (I was desperate). That was 5 years ago, I don't remember the exact date, I'll have to go and look!!
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I joined June of '03 - I don't remember lurking before I posted. DH and I had been married for one year and we were one year from residency. Hard to beleive I have over 1300 posts.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I still lurk most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MissCrabette
                      There's also the fact that you guys looked like you were OOOOOLD friends and I felt like such an intruder.
                      I was a little intimidated by that, too, but everyone was so welcoming from the very start. And as it turned out, I found an "old friend" here, too!

I was tempted to lurk, but ended up posting right away because I was so amazed that everyone else had so many of the same struggles. NOBODY ever talked about how hard it was for the spouses in DH's residency program.
                      Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Comment

I lurked for a few months before gathering up the courage to start posting. I guess I felt intimidated by all the people whose spouses were already in residencies, while my then boyfriend was just starting med school. There's also the fact that you guys looked like you were OOOOOLD friends and I felt like such an intruder.
                        Ditto that...look at the bright side, though...in five years WE'LL all be veterans. Wait, is that really a bright side?

Comment

Working...
                        X