Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Oh why oh why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh why oh why

Well...at least it's just your house! I need to shower. With the blow up here and my sick kids last night, I'm disgusting. TMI?? Then, I'll clean the house.

I'm getting offline now. Let's race and see who can clean their house first. I've got the shower as a handicap, so you should really win.

(Of course, your standards are probably much higher than mine. )
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

I'm taking a break. For ten minutes. But I've showered and cleaned 1/3.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

Your house isn't dirty then. If you can clean 1/3 of it and shower in that amount of time, you are one of those people that lies and says their house is dirty, when it really isn't. Tell, me were your pillows out of place? Dust on the window sill?
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Here's what I did. I picked up toys in both kids rooms and put them away. I cleaned the bathroom counters after the shower. I put away the toothbrushes and washed out the drooled toothpaste from the kids. I cleaned up our attic office floor (XBox controllers and old snack wrappers). I vaccuumed attic, kids rooms and our bedroom. Made my son's bed. (He forgot.) Started a load of laundry. Then....when I was downstairs again.....I saw the computer. So, I set a 10 minute timer. After it goes off, I promise to empty the trash cans throughout the house, windex the mirrors and the back door puppy prints and sweep the whole downstairs. That's my next third. Then, if I'm still inspired (doubtful) I'll move the laundry and put it away. Mop the bathrooms and the kitchen. Maybe wipe visible dust off things.

That's "clean". I think my standards are pretty low. But I do always have the bed made and the dishes in the dishwasher. That's just habit.
        Angie

Comment

Yeah, well, all I am saying is it would take me that amount of time to do one room, without dusting. In this room alone I have on the FLOOR (not the desk or anywhere else):

Buzz Lightyear
          Mister Potato head and his suitcase of parts, not in the suitcase
          A trash bag
          School papers.
          A hanger
          13 kids books
          Other various and assorted toys.
          Socks
          A pencil grip
          A pencil eraser
          One of my shoes
          A measuring tape
          One of Chad's shirts
          Hand Surgery Update 3
          5 Pediatric Ortho books.
          A stack of papers that look like trash but might not be.

That's just this room. I don't even want to talk dishes or laundry.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Heidi,

Sadly...me too. I posted yesterday about having a fellow med spouse show up at my door. You pretty much described the look of things except that I also had breakfast cereal all over the table and on the floor (thanks Aidan).
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Quick clean solution?

Get out your broom and sweep everything on the floor into one spot....that isn't visible by people coming into the house....then put away as you have time.

PS...if you ever visit and I don't let you into the laundry room, you'll know why :>

Comment

PS...if you ever visit and I don't let you into the laundry room, you'll know why
                Laundry room. Good idea! I was picturing throwing a big blanket over the pile in the middle of the room. A gray blanket -- then it could be the elephant in the room.

Comment

Originally posted by medwife517
                  Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                  PS...if you ever visit and I don't let you into the laundry room, you'll know why :>

HEHE ... right now I SOO wish that the washer and dryer had thier own room, and were not in the kitchen in huge cabinets.....
                  Kris... can I sweep stuff over to your place?
                  I have run out of sqft to put things....
                  Oh, you silly, ungrateful girls. I have to DRIVE my stuff to my SO's house to do laundry because I don't have those fancy washer/dryer contraptions...nor a place to stick the vacuum.

Comment

You people are not helping!!! My timer went off 10 minutes ago. i'm the only one I know that needs a snooze button for a FlyLady timer.

Heidi.....believe me, my daughter's room could take that. Luckily we have lots of bins, so it is just grab, throw and stow. She was playing in there last night before she stripped, threw up 6 times and changed pjs 4 times. Laundry was icky.

Now.....I must at least complete part 2. Must! I almost always blow off part three which is why I have a pile of folded laundry on the chair in my bedroom and unmopped kitchen and bathroom floors.
                    Angie

Comment

Oh not me, my 700 square feet of squalor is spotless. No, there's no fur from the 45 pound dog and the three 10 pounder cats. There's not juice/milk/ice cream/cheerios/raisins or fruitbars permanently sealed to the floor under Nikolai's chair. There aren't ANY wine glasses or beer bottles on the desk, couch arms, kitchen counter or dressers. the cat pan area IN MY CLOSET is neat and tidy and smells fresh as a daisy. The bathroom isn't growing rust and other ick exponentially. and of course my bed is made, all of the clean clothes are put away and Nikolai's bed is pristine. All of his toys are off of the floor in his room and his dirty laundry is of course not tossed in a corner of his room.

I guess you guys are just lazy f-ers.

Jenn

Comment

:> Crack me up!

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
                          Oh not me, my 700 square feet of squalor is spotless. No, there's no fur from the 45 pound dog and the three 10 pounder cats. There's not juice/milk/ice cream/cheerios/raisins or fruitbars permanently sealed to the floor under Nikolai's chair. There aren't ANY wine glasses or beer bottles on the desk, couch arms, kitchen counter or dressers. the cat pan area IN MY CLOSET is neat and tidy and smells fresh as a daisy. The bathroom isn't growing rust and other ick exponentially. and of course my bed is made, all of the clean clothes are put away and Nikolai's bed is pristine. All of his toys are off of the floor in his room and his dirty laundry is of course not tossed in a corner of his room.

I guess you guys are just lazy f-ers.

Jenn
                          Obviously...

Comment

Haha! I'm with Heidi on this one. Clearly your house is not dirty or messy enough if you managed to clean so much in less than an hour. You're such an inspiration, I almost feel like getting off my butt and off to reorganizing my filing box. Or maybe not. Oh and I'm surprised to see a FlyLady follower here. I signed up for her program too, but never bought the fancy timer since I already had a functioning one. I need to be out of here.
                            Cristina
                            IM PGY-2

Comment

I used to "Fly" when DH was in fellowship. It was a form of therapy when you are overwhelmed in a tiny space with two little kids. It was very reassuring reading emails from folks that were about to have their children taken away because of they state of their home. Made me realize that things were not that bad. Also, the daily inspirational FlyLady letter was like having a call from my grandmother. You can do it! If only she also sent cookies and milk each day.
                              Angie

Comment

Working...
                              X