Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Why is this funny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is this funny?

Does this happen to anyone else?
    SO gives me a hard time constantly about every little thing because it's "funny" to see me get "flustered." I don't think it's that funny. It just makes me feel stupid and unappreciated.

Sorry, just needed a short and sweet rant moment....

I'm a tad on the gullible side sometimes and so dh sometimes will tell me something just to see my eyes get big and hear me say "no....WAY!"....

So...yes, I have been on the receiving end too.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I get this too, he thinks everything I do is 'cute'. I often get, "You're so cute when you're mad!" (except when I'm really angry ). Then he's wise enough to know better.

It does annoy me at times, I feel that I'm not being taken seriously. But that's just the way he is, a big kid. He's never serious, (except when it comes to his job).
      Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
      Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

DH used to do this to me until two things happened. 1)I told him how it made me feel and 2)I learned how to dish it back.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

totally happens to / annoys the hell out of me, too. when I get mad he'll say "I was just 'JOKING'." I reply "Joking implies you're funny. You're not."

Comment

My fiance does it too. I'm able to ignore it sometimes and I'll just jokingly smack him upside the head. Other times, however, I'm more emotional and I've been known to get flustered and even cry as a result of a silly comment of his. I blame it on the hormones but that's not to say what he does is OK.
            Cristina
            IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by jesher
              totally happens to / annoys the hell out of me, too. when I get mad he'll say "I was just 'JOKING'." I reply "Joking implies you're funny. You're not."
              I'm going to say exactly that next time!

Comment

when I get mad he'll say "I was just 'JOKING'."
                When dh says this I say, "No, you weren't. If I hadn't reacted the way I did you wouldn't have been kidding." Although this usually happens when he makes some crack or suggestive comment about wanting to have sex... :wildthing (I've been dying to use this emoticon ever since I saw it!)

Another thing is, it gets worse when he's with his brother and dad. Then I get it from all three of them.

Comment

Working...
                X