Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The best money you never should have spent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best money you never should have spent

When I read the thread title, I was wondering if that is what you were going to say.

I still don't have one but covet them.

I'll have to think about mine. Shoes or a kitchen small appliance is the likely answer.

I have 2 and I just bought them both.

1. iPod. SO and I just bought it together and we shouldn't have but it is seriously the best thing EVER!! Plus it really has a positive influence on me, it makes me want to go running more (anything to justify the slurge)!!

2. Just bought a fabulous pair of boots. They were on sale sale sale but I still cut down the price a little when I told SO. I have a shoe thing and he gets a little upset with me sometimes.....not that that ever stops me!!!

Comment

My Zooper Zydeco stroller....LOVE it!!! Kinda sad though that it should qualify as a splurge item
      I debated for over a week though because iy felt wrong to spend more on a stroller than a car payment would be.....

Comment

The cost of having my engagement ring restyled. But it turned out really great- better than I had hoped.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by jakebenellasmommy
          My Dyson. . .
          Me too!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

my instep double jogging stroller and yes, my dyson.
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

My/our new TV. I just bought a new plasma tv and stand... 8)
              Husband of an amazing female physician!

Comment

My Cuisinart food processor -- can't imagine my kitchen without it now. Sooo much better than the mini one I've been using for years.
                Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Comment

Well this is "post training" so DH was VERY understanding about this -- he ENCOURAGED a post training shopping spree. ?????

(I spent 7 hours at Nordstroms with my sister who is 32, single, much HIPPER than me (doesn't take much) and LOVED helping me find great stuff. Nirvanna. )

OKAY!!!!!

STILL I never should have spent the money on my:
                  7 jeans
                  "Joes" jeans (I'll always be a jeans and a T shirt girl )
                  Ella Moss summer top
                  5 new Natori bras....
                  Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

flynn, i think that is awesome!!!
                    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Flynn, I think that is awesome too - you better beleive I'll be going on a shopping spree when DH is done with residency & fellowship!
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Yes, he's been very cool about the "WE did this together" thing.

I have shopped at Target and clearance racks for a while now -- no regrets but it's really nice to put things on and be excited about them!!!!

(When we moved he surprised me with an awesome exercise bike so whatever his schedule I can do 30 minutes in the a.m. and longer after the kids go to bed. Watching movies while I exercise works great for me. I zone out and forget I'm exercising!)

Kudos to DH!!
                        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

SO had only been in america 4 days and I my first visit was meant to be the august/sept one......I booked a flight for 5 days later, it cost 800 euro, for 4 days, which was only 2 days as flights got delayed and arrived late at night and left on th 4th day at lunch time. SO to this day thinks it cost 400,that may be my fault, ( he asked how much was my flight, it was 400.....to get there.....and 400 to get back, just left that bit out)
                          It was so worth it, both of us agree it really brought us closer, Seeing where he lived and his new home and meeting his flatmate and his collegues just put me at ease and got me through the next 7 weeks.

Comment

I purchased a one year Massage Envy membership. ($39/month plus tip). Totally decadent and over the top for this stage in our life but I love it. I just set an appointment for the post marathon massage.

For the record, I don't believe in hiding purchases because hey, its both of our money and we're all big kids. Still, somehow I haven't mentioned this to DH.

Kelly
                            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

What, you mean to say I should feel bad about buying stuff? I always rationalize it somehow. My latest splurge was at lush.com and I have yet to lose sleep over spending that money.
                              Cristina
                              IM PGY-2

Comment

Working...
                              X