Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Are you a good housekeeper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't need to take a picture of my spider infested bathroom because this pretty much sums it up...

Comment

Originally posted by stellava
      I didn't need to take a picture of my spider infested bathroom because this pretty much sums it up...

OMG!!! that spider!
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Holy moly, Stella! I get the shivers just looking at the spider running to the back of the toilet. But... if it helps any, it's the big spiders that don't bite, but rather the little ones... at least in Seattle it was that way. In places like Arizona as we've learned, obviously, uh, it's different.

I'm a bad housekeeper. I'm so bad that I do the cooking but dh does the dishes and cleans the kitchen. I literally don't lift a finger.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison

I'm a bad housekeeper. I'm so bad that I do the cooking but dh does the dishes and cleans the kitchen. I literally don't lift a finger.
          That has been our arrangement for years. Works for me! (Well, it doesn't work for me when we have different timelines and ideas of cleaning the kitchen....but it works for post-dinner clean up assuming it is done that night).

Comment

It's great, isn't it, Nellie? Although dh often complains that I use more pots and pans than is necessary!

Comment

I like a nice, clean, orderly house. I can't stand toys strewn about so Nikolai has to keep 98% of his stuff in his room. (his room, his toys....my house, my toys). This house is so small that we have no storage space. It's clutter central by default. There is literally no "away" to "put things away". and because it's so small, the fur piles up and I think someday I'm going to come home from work and find fur tumbleweeds blowing through the house.

So, lesson learned- it's not that much more expensive to rent the bigger house and 1) have room to put things 2) not have to also pay for two full-size storage units and 3) still pay utilities.

I would love to scrub this place down, too because it has that underlying rental funk that is hard to remove with the regular cleaning. Like the baseboards are disgusting but require lots of elbow grease to clean.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                Although dh often complains that I use more pots and pans than is necessary!
                That's the beauty! :>

Comment

I also like keeping a tidy home. I pick certain days of the weeks to do specific chores (e.g., Mondays I do laundry; Tuesday or Wednesday I dust, sweep, clean the floors; etc). I always make sure the kitchen/common areas are relatively picked up and clean before going to bed, I hate getting up in the morning and facing a mess.
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

My dh hates cleaning the dutch oven.
                    He hates things he has to soak overnight and clean the next day.

Comment

I like a clean house too.

So, when I want to see one, I go next door. They are retired with no kids and only a little dog. They have tons of time for dusting the ceiling fans, cleaning the clothes dryer duct, washing their car AT LEAST once a week, and organizing the yard tools in the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by gmdcblack
                        I like a clean house too.

So, when I want to see one, I go next door.
                        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I used to do everything on one day on the weekend (since I was working FT). Now I have a housekeeper once a week.

Comment

I'm a lousy housekeeper, so is DH.
                            Luanne
                            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I used to be before I moved in with him...and then married him...and we got a dog. I can't keep up with the dog hair, and the dog isn't even considered a heavy shedder. He brings in so much more dirt/dust from coming in and out everyday, if I sweep once a week I come up with this significant pile of dog hair. I've given up and just clean when I can, but I do miss the days when it was just me taking care of my place and only having to clean once a week!

Comment

I like a really clean house (mr. clean scrubbed), but I don't keep it that way. Daily work robs me of energy and the desire to clean. I do usually sweep once a day and wash all the dishes everyday though. DH is a slob, so it's not easy keeping the place up. Most of my cleaning is due to our apt's tiny size (studio). If I didn't wash the dishes twice a day I couldn't get into the kitchen. In a weird way it's almost easier to keep cleanish due to the small amout of space. However, it's perpetually cluttered, which bugs me to no end. Sigh.
                                Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Working...
                                X