Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Thank crunchie its friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank crunchie its friday

I haven't looked forward to friday since I was in College!! I've been working shifts since I left and its nice to have 9-5 again to look forward to the weekend.

So what have people got planned for the weekend? Mine involves sleep, catching up with SO properly, celebrate that this surgery rotation has finished and I'll get to talk to him most nights again and spend loads of time spoiling DS...might even treat myself to a thai take away, me thinks a Phad Thai is in order!

Well, SO has a couple of tests on Monday, so... not a whole lot. We were supposed to hang out last night but apparently that isn't going to happen now. I'm getting my hair colored tomorrow, going to dog school tomorrow afternoon, and then I have absolutely nada until work on Monday. I miss my boyfriend. Maybe I'll just clean this weekend. (Yeah right!)

Comment

tonight we're going here http://www.tikvahskosherbandb.com for dinner. the attending that dh absolutely loves has invited us over for rosh hashanah. he and his wife own the place. tomorrow we are up early for services at the new synagogue. im hopeful that i will meet some new people...oh and let them know dh is married.

sunday...hopefully not much. im just happy dh has the weekend off. he is starting to get cranky.
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

The weather is icky here today. I've been feeling a cold coming on since yesterday morning and hoping that it just becomes a full on cold ALREADY! This way at least I'm not fighting it during the work week. Dh is on home call from this evening to tomorrow 6am and again Sunday 6am to Monday, 6am. Lousy weekend, if you ask me. Sorry, I'm so cranky.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

DH has the ENTIRE WEEKEND off!!! I thought it was unheard of in these parts. We're not quite sure what to do with ourselves. But we're having some friends over for dinner, so we'll be madly cleaning the house so that it looks somewhat presentable. It's a sty, too.
          Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Comment

The people I'm working for are freaking out because they're having their tri-annual accreditation starting on Monday. I'm going in over the weekend to help them get themselves ready. They have everything they need but they have this consultant who believes that every memo from the last three years needs to be avaiable. Having been a surveyor, I can assure everyone that really, that's not necessary. You certainly don't want to give surveyors access to information that is going to make them ask questions gthey wouldn't normally ask.

Rick is on service this month so I fully expect he'll get paged at least a few times and probably have to go in at least once. He'll be studying for the boards when Nikolai is asleep and/or when I'm home to cover.

Whew hew, exciting times in San Antone. (actually, we're going out for Vietnamese food tonight...then the fun times start)

Jenn

Comment

This has been a long week. I remember thinking on Monday afternoon that it already felt like Thursday.

If I get my $**t together today, this weekend I will pick up the minivan to completely morph into a soccer mom (but no mom jeans. ever.). Then off to....a soccer game! DH is determined to bring his mom to this game which should be interesting.

DD has a girl scout overnight camp (and with waking up early this morning, she'll be in great shape for it!) and needs a warm jacket. We'll squeeze in some speedy jacket shopping and hope the Columbia outlet has something good.

Exciting weekend, huh? I just realized that since DD is gone Saturday night, I should think of a few fun things to do. It's so different when our youngest has us all to herself.

Comment

Nelle Wrote:
                (but no mom jeans. ever.)
                What are mom jeans??? I'm dying to know!

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

http://www.guzer.com/videos/mom_jeans.php

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn
                    Nelle Wrote:
                    (but no mom jeans. ever.)
                    What are mom jeans??? I'm dying to know!

they're horrible looking jeans that are high waisted and make your ass dropy and flat.

http://www.guzer.com/videos/mom_jeans.php

Comment

you're so quick, nellie!

Comment

A crappy weekend for me too. DH is on nights this week so he'll be on tonight, Saturday, Sunday and he'll be sleeping during the day. I'm a nervous wreck as our Immigration interview is Monday morning. I know it should turn out fine but we are at their mercy! Just our luck that DH has to go after working all night.

On the plus side, I get to see him in a suit! I'm looking forward to that.

My weekend will be spent eating lots of chocolate, watching a few movies, calling my family in Ireland and going over our documentation a million times.
                        Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                        Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

DH is post call today- though still not home yet...

I have to go to a coffee tomorrow that the chairs wife is giving...

DH's 32nd BD is tomorrow, and he starts his VACATION! Woo-hoo! I am so excited to have him home for the week! :---
                          On that note... as of today (because of the vacation) we are 25% done with intern year! AND... 5% done with residency
                          Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
                          Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Our 2 oldest DDs have soccer Saturday am. For the millionth time I've asked DH to deal with DS's room. We have to move out furniture, paint, assemble his big boy bed and get it ready for our youngest DD to move in. (They're sharing a room because her room is going to the new baby.) I have to transition youngest DD to the toddler bed ASAP. If I wasn't so far along in my pregnancy, I'd do it myself. But, DH doesn't want me pushing furniture around or doing anything strenuous. (I have a history of preterm labor with all kids.) Sometimes, it's easier to just do things yourself! We're supposed to do the Walk for Juvenile Diabetes on Sunday at the zoo.

Comment

Dh is off, but has a lot of paperwork to prepare, so he can give it to the billing gals. I am hoping we get a chance to do a family lunch/brunch @ Paradise Bakery& Cafe& then off to the Train park! Believe it or not I would really love to catch up on the MOUNTAIN of laundry that has accumulated on the floor in my laundry room... DH hates it when I do laundry on the weekends

Comment

Working...
                              X