Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

sp2809- interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sp2809- interview

Best of Luck tomorrow, will be thinking of you tomorrow with fingers and toes all crossed and a few prayers added in. I'm sure it will all go fine as Alison said. just make sure DH has a good cup of strong coffee so he doesn't fall asleep in the interview

He's not going to fall asleep during this thing. I guarantee it. Adrenaline kicks in! I hope you have all or most of the day off from work! When dh had his interview, he got the day off. We were in and out of our interview within 20 minutes and I couldn't believe we had an entire day ahead of us to goof off. You'll be fine! I'm thinking of you! Let us know how it goes!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Aww, thanks for the support! It really means a lot. DH won't be finished work until 8 in the morning. I'll have to keep him standing. The minute he sits down he drifts off. He'll probably spend most of the evening sleeping unfortunately.
      Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
      Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Good luck tomorrow. I'll also be thinking of you. You have nothing to worry about with this interview. Like Alison said, you'll be in and out in a few minutes. You'll probably spend more time waiting in line and going through security than being interviewed by the immigration officer.
        Cristina
        IM PGY-2

Comment

how did it go?

Comment

I am now a Permanent Resident, wohoo!! :ra: . Now I just have to wait for my Greencard, which should arrive in two weeks, hopefully! It went great. Of course DH said, "I told you we had nothing to worry about." :> But that's just me, I'm a worrier. This is such a relief, I'm so happy, and it's only been 4 months since we filed our application.

No celebrating tonight though. DH is asleep and I'm eating a Crunchie and a packet of Taytos (MrsB_2B). We stopped at the Irish shop. We're going to have a double celebration this weekend as it's my birthday Thursday. Now I never thought I'd be married to an American Surgery Resident, living in and a Permanent Resident of the U.S at the ripe old age of 22. Just shows, you never know whats gonna happen!

Comment

"I told you so!"

I'm glad to hear everything went well. Is this the 2 year permanent resident card or the 10 year one? You'll be applying for citizenship in no time at all. Congratulations!
              Cristina
              IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by sp2809
                I'm eating a Crunchie and a packet of Taytos (MrsB_2B).
                Cheese and onion??

Did you pick up some denny's rashers and sausages too?? mmmm bacon and ketchup sandwich after too much wine

:~

congratulations, I'm so delighted it went well!!! I'm jealous! its going to be at least 18 months for me.

Comment

Thanks!! It's the two year, we have to apply again then since we've been married less than two years. But I'm not worried about that.

Oh yeah, cheese and onion. And DH cooked me a full Irish yesterday. I knew he was 'The One' when he could cook a full Irish and make a nice cup of tea! [/quote]

Comment

Working...
                  X