Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What kind of shopper are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of shopper are you?

When it comes to shopping for clothing, furniture, gifts or miscellaneous things for the home - what kind of shopper are you?

I have a personal shopper

What fun would that be?

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Since DH and I moved, we had to buy several new furniture pieces.
      I have come to realize that I am truly a sale/clearance shopper only!!! I buy many things at yard sales as well when I am walking the mutts through the neighborhood.

My latest Yard sale GREAT DEAL: 4 White velvet curtains for my living room $7/panel and in perfect clean condition and 2 teak candlesticks for $2! Some of my most treasured items have come from yard sales.

I can't bring myself to pay full price for anything except food! The guilt kills me and I find I don't appreciate the items as much.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
        I have a personal shopper

What fun would that be?

kris
        8)

Wait, don't all dawker's wives have a personal shopper??

I had to throw it in for kicks!

Comment

I'm a sale/yard sale shopper. I own a lot of designer clothing/shoes/bags/etc, but I don't think I've paid full price for 90% of it. My latest fab find was a beautiful brown Tahari blazer at Marshall's. Retail = $448. I paid $99. (And actually my mom bought it for me. )

SO and I love to hit up yard sales on early Saturday mornings. I have a gorgeous vintage Moet & Chandon wine chiller thing that i got for $7!

Comment

I'm a sale shopper most of the time. The two exceptions for which I'm likely to pay full price include pampering and beauty items (which I absolutely MUST have, right? :@ ) and unexpected and truly necessary purchases.
            Cristina
            IM PGY-2

Comment

I refuse to pay a full price for just about anything, including food. As those of you who read my bargain article know, I tend to stock up on stuff when it's on sale. Which sometimes means wearing snowflake socks and underwear in July. I pretty much know the sale schedule of all major stores and follow them religiously.

My most recent bargain that I'm extremely proud of is the Burberry suit we got DH for interviews at only $350.

Comment

Originally posted by stellava
                My latest fab find was a beautiful brown Tahari blazer at Marshall's. Retail = $448. I paid $99.
                Have I told YOU lately that I love you... Marshalls is one of my favorites for deals.

Originally posted by vishenka69
                My most recent bargain that I'm extremely proud of is the Burberry suit we got DH for interviews at only $350.
                I bought DH a Burberry suit for residency interviews from Jack Henrys on the Plaza...and I paid A LOT more. That is a GREAT price.
                Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
                Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

who shops?

Comment

seriously...I am holding my breath until payday so that we can go shopping...our cabinets are empty!!

Comment

Originally posted by KCwife
                      I bought DH a Burberry suit for residency interviews from Jack Henrys on the Plaza...and I paid A LOT more. That is a GREAT price.
                      Yes, you did if you got it at Jack Henry's - my DH's suits come from there, he refuses to shop anywhere else for one - luckily his parents have paid for both of his. One for med school interviews and one for residency interviews. $$$$$$$$$$
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by ladybug
                        With the two littles ones I'm I don't have time to "dig." I grab it if it's reasonable and run out of the store. My mom never pays full price, but she puts a lot of time into her hunting. I don't have that leisure right now.
                        that's where I am. if i dig, my kids tear up the rest of the store. unfortunately I don't have anyone else bargain hunting for me ...

Comment

I'm a bargain hunter when it comes to everything, including food. I like nice brands, but will shop around for the best price, go to multiple groceries, warehouse stores, etc. I also don't shop regularly except for groceries. Money's been so tight for so long it's hard for me to buy myself clothes or spend money on leisure activities like movies and museums. I guess it's become second nature at this stage.
                          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Am I the only one who finds the fact that dawkter's wives are discussing the luxury of digging around for bargains ironic.

Comment

Sort of, maybe once we're all in the Geriatrics section we can talk about REAL shopping - of course I'll be 35 by then!
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X