Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Stella- Warning scary bug photo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stella- Warning scary bug photo!

You have spiders in your apartment. We have these in our bedroom...

Wikipedia tells me they are house centipedes. I don't find them amusing!

I'd never seen them before until I moved to Chicago. There's SO fast and scary looking! But easily killed.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I used to have those in my apartment, they are *really* fast little buggers! Eww, I get chills just thinking about them...
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

If I ever saw something like that in real life I would be gone out the door so fast! I really really hate bugs!! the hairs on my neck are standing up ugghh!

Comment

::

This is why I could never move back to the South....

kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

We live in Maine, and I've seen them around once or twice, so I doubt they are a South only bug. They gross me out as well, but I'd take them over scorpions any day.

Comment

I just don't understand why it needs so many legs! What was wrong with 6 or 8 like normal bugs!

Comment

OMG, ewwww!!! i live next to ohio and g*d help me if one is in my house!!! we do have a cricket issue. they freak me out because i will see long legs or antenas and think it is a huge spider...and it turns out to be a huge-mugo cricket. :!
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I think they are endangered. At least they eat the other scary bugs!

Comment

SO GROSS!!!

My spiders are still hanging out. Friday they formed an invisible web over the bathroom sink and so when I went to go brush my teeth, you can imagine how fun that was. I didn't see the web at all and got a handful of spider web and creepy crawleys when I put my hand under the water flow.

Then I got in the shower and they were dangling around my head.

I got out and went on a major rampage with Raid and bleach and softscrub, etc. I was flinging water and chemicals everywhere trying to kill and clean. It was a little frantic. I'm surprised I'm still alive after inhaling all that.

SUPPOSEDLY, the exterminator is coming today. (I'm suuuure. ) I told my landlord that HE could come live in my "House of Horrors" apartment.

Comment

so, stella...do tell. WHY are you still living there? did you sign a lease? does it have any clauses so you get out? are there any other places available in your area? this spider shit is so WRONG!
                      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Working...
                      X