Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Kelly :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly :)

Thanks so much! It is a pretty amazing experience. I have this pattern of "swearing off" ever training again for another marathon during the last month of training. The training sucks sooooo hard. On race day, I'm freaked out that I'm not going to finish. I make all these drop out arrangements with DH and mentally prepare myself for the let down of not finishing. I carry my cell phone in case I have to call for a taxi.

Then slowly but surely, step by step, I have made it through every time. I don't even know how I do it. After every race, I think, that was a pretty cool experience. Yeah, maybe I'll do just one more.

I had to dig deep to finish this one, deeper than my previous two. Oh and for the record, I was stuck on three miles for about 15 years. One day someone convinced me I could do more. And now here I am, one of those so-called marathoning nut jobs. You too may find yourself in the same place.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Way to GO!!!! You made it through....that is a huge accomplishment! :ra:

Now you just have to finish up the residency *marathon* to get ready for the fellowship one. :>

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Thanks, like I said, the marathon is easier than the residency.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I know...doesn't that speak volumes too!

Congrats on the fabulous run!

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Huge congratulations on your marathon! :ra:

Comment

Congratulations Kelly! What an incredible accomplishment.

As for residency...only 9 more months to go...we'll be cheering you on here at iMSN! (and then you and I can commiserate about fellowship together )
            Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Comment

you rock Kelly! I've heard the .02 is the hardest .... good place for the kids to be waiting!

Comment

Congrats Kelly!

I'm trying to get mentally prepared for the flying pig one in 2008!
                Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Working...
                X