Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Am I that f-ing fat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I that f-ing fat?

How rude! I was a houseboat when I was pregnant - just huge, but when people commented on it, oh that just sucked. I got horrible comments a lot.

No one, ever, has the right to comment on a pregnant woman's weight, size, etc!

Rude, rude, rude, and ugh, people suck!
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

No one, ever, has the right to comment on a pregnant woman's weight, size, etc!
    AMEN!!!
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I swear I don't know why a subject that is normally so taboo becomes free game when a woman is pregnant. Of all times! We're our most vulnerable - emotionally, hormonally -- yet people feel free to say we're the "size of a house" or "what have you got in there?"

Next time somebody says something like that, just tell them straight out that you don't appreciate it. It's never, EVER okay to knock on a pregnant woman.

Comment

Why that topic suddenly becomes fair game and everyone is a pregnancy weight expert, I don't know.

I talked to my dad the other day by phone (haven't seen him since April) and he was quizzing me about my weight. Turns out, the reason he is asking is because my cousin's girlfriend is pregnant and "everyone" thinks she hasn't gained enough and is worried. Does "everyone" include her doctor? He got an earful -- on my behalf and hers. Reminds me why I am SO HAPPY to be living here.

Comment

Christine,

I'm so sorry. Have I ever told you that I have this theory about people sucking?

I honestly can't believe the chair exchange. Holy shit. One of my favorite all time comments about people and the precious possessions goes like this: "If you don't want people to walk on your carpet, best be putting it on the ceilings". Your hostess values things more than human beings. What a wanker. If it means that much to her she should put a rope across the arms of the chair like they do in a museum and then she should go about her business in her masoleum...oops, I mean home.

Keep your chin up.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

btw, Kelly's theory holds true. The same people who are concerned about my cousin's gf commented during her last pregnancy about how much she gained.

People suck. Hang in there!

Comment

I'm sorry. People need to shut their biatchy mouths!
              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I'm so sorry that that happened to you!

Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

You really can't win, it's true, either you aren't gaining enough or you're gaining way too much. The chair thing is a bit wierd.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                      Chrisada, maybe next time she comes to your house, you can tell her not to sit on your couch since you don't want it to smell like BS!

Comment

How rude! I hated it when people asked me how much weight I gained during pregnancy. I always said I didn't know because it was none of their bee's wax!
                        Needs

Comment

On the stroller front:

Make sure you get one with a tray - both for baby AND for you. A cup holder is a must (for you) -- you may think it's not now, but you'd be wrong. Make sure the cargo bin underneath is easily accessible, even when a kid is in it. There is nothing worse than needing your purse while the baby is sleeping and not be able to get to it. The lighter-weight you can get while getting the features you want is best -- your back is going to take a lot of punishment. Finally - try not to break the bank on this one, b/c chances are, it won't be your last. The features you're looking for change as the baby ages, and you'll probably pick up at least one more stroller before the kid is out of them.

Comment

What a bitch (in a bad way.) I think the "couch" comeback will come in quite handy one day.

I think all moms-to-be are beautiful. There is just something so admirable and magical about the process and if she can't see that then boo on her.

Comment

During my pregnancy with twins my MIL commented, "OH! You're really gaining some weight! But I guess it's 9 months up, 9 months down." Yea right, 9 months down... ANYhow...

I've learned to take the advice of one of my 2nd grade students as she wrote out her valentine's day cards:
                              "Dear ______, I think you're stupid."

How wonderfully children can tell it like it is.

Your dh's response sounds a lot like something mine would say. Funny guy. I'm excited for your family. A new baby! Horray!!!

-Jodi

Comment

Working...
                              X