Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Dinner routines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of you eat so early!

Clearly this is a cultural thing bc here in Italy no one, and I mean no one, eats dinner before 8PM. It's unheard of. You can have a snack around 6 but we don't even get out of work until 6PM (office hours anyway). Kids eat when their parents eat. We don't have kids yet, but all the ppl I know with kids just make them eat with them. Most of our friends' kids seem to go to bed around 9-9:30PM. They range in age from about 1-4.

I have the table ready around 8PM and if DH is home, we eat then. Otherwise I just wait until he gets home. I guess once we have a kid I'll just eat with him/her t 8PM and if DH is home, he can eat with us.

Comment

Germans are early and light dinner-eaters. I think it's heathier than what my parents used to do (we used to eat around 7:30pm). We try to keep it light too, especially if it's during the week when we've got to go to bed relatively early. The weekend is different. Eating is entertainment. We stretch meals out over at least 2 hours.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We at home eat around 5:30. If he's home he eats with us, if not at home well then he has to eat leftovers.

I ususally don't make big meals when he's not coming until late. I mean DS and DD don't really care if I made from scratch or from the freezer

Comment

No kids here - but I wait until DH gets home and Rachel Ray is my best friend so dinners are fast. We usually eat between 7 and 9.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

During training we were all over the map. Things are different now so I actually have cooked a fair bit because DH actually gets to eat it!

We are early eaters anyway -- so eating with the kids around 5:30 is something I look forward to. A 7:00 dinner sounds like torture to me. I GET TOO HUNGRY!!!

I'm trying to make one meal and get the kids to eat what we eat but we're still working on that one. Sometimes we hit sometimes we miss.
            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
            X